1.    #1  
    Has anyone else tried this?
    It uses the Pre's SMS threading to have a conversation with a yahoo contact.
    I have been playing around with it since last night, & seems to be working, I"m trying to associate the numbers it uses with a contact...with varying degrees of success.
    A couple of contacts seem to have been "absorbed" into one contact.
    Any ideas?..thanks for any help

Yahoo! Messenger SMS - How to set up
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    It works great for me. I have my contact send me a text through Yahoo Messenger, and the number that appears in the SMS message, appears ot be permanently associated with that person's Yahoo ID. By using that number, I can send an IM through SMS any time I want.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    It works great for me. I have my contact send me a text through Yahoo Messenger, and the number that appears in the SMS message, appears ot be permanently associated with that person's Yahoo ID. By using that number, I can send an IM through SMS any time I want.
    I've tried to get my contacts to send a text thru the messenger, but they forget most of the time, & send msgs the regular way, so I don't get them on the phone.
    But when this Y Msngr SMS thing is set up, I do get the messages & notified of it.
    What I'm wondering, is if I should put both numbers..(the send #- 92466 and the persons Yahoo ID #) into each contact's info..?
    But then a few of the contacts melded into 1 & now I'm confused as to what I did to cause that..the same number (the send #) in multiple contacts??...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I just set my account up. I can receive Yahoo IM via SMS, but cannot reply. I recieve a network error message and a try again (code 1) whenever I try to reply to a message. Any ideas or help appreciated.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdesign View Post
    I just set my account up. I can receive Yahoo IM via SMS, but cannot reply. I recieve a network error message and a try again (code 1) whenever I try to reply to a message. Any ideas or help appreciated.
    you have to reply to "the send number"..92466..& then "to yahoo id" & then the message.
    I have put the send # 92466 in each yahoo contact info & then reply by choosing that # in the drop down box under TEXT (top right corner)...then in message area type... to(space) yahoo id(space) & then the message ....when sending multiple messages to same contact..highlight ..copy..& then paste the "to yahoo id" for each message...it's alittle easier then typing it each time.
    hope this helps ya!
    Last edited by gregg6942; 07/25/2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spacing
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    @ gregg6942: Many thanks for the tip(s)/info. I'm hoping for a native Yahoo IM client on the Pre, but in a pinch this will suffice.
    I just use Meebo Mobile's website.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    I just use Meebo Mobile's website.
    do you have to keep a card open to use it?...do you get an audible tone when you receive a message?....I've never used meebo.
    I know you now can go to the sprint bookmark on the Pre & go into portals & use the wap messenger (which looks great!), but no audible new msging alerts, & ya gotta keep the web page open...that doesn't work well for me.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I would try it if I didn't have to download Yahoo! Messenger on my desktop. I use Pidgin.