Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    unless i'm completely missing this , there is no way to zoom in while taking a picture. The only thing is to zoom in after its taken. Is there anyone who can create an app that would fix this. Also a photo editing app would be cool.
  2. #2  
    would be nice. without zoom, just have to enlarge/crop the picture but then it looks like a crappy iphone picture
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
    would be nice. without zoom, just have to enlarge/crop the picture but then it looks like a crappy iphone picture
    lol true that
  4. #4  
    Even if the camera app itself zoomed, it would only be a digital zoom so it would still look like an iphone pic.
  5. Gompers's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #5  
    There is no zoom on the pre. It's not physically capable of it.

    it would be nice to have a crop feature in the picture viewer, though, so you could fix framing after the fact.
  6. horadin's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    There is no zoom on the pre. It's not physically capable of it.

    it would be nice to have a crop feature in the picture viewer, though, so you could fix framing after the fact.
    It is capable of zooming with a software update, but only a digital zoom, same effect as cropping.

    As far as optical zoom, you are correct, it is not physically capable of that.
  7.    #7  
    yea i'll settle for digital zooming over no zooming
  8. Gompers's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by horadin View Post
    It is capable of zooming with a software update, but only a digital zoom, same effect as cropping.

    As far as optical zoom, you are correct, it is not physically capable of that.
    Digital zoom is not zoom at all. It's cropping.

    The camera on the pre is not capable of zooming. The camera software could relatively easily be made to crop, but the camera on the pre will never zoom.
  9. #9  
    Aren't all cell phone cameras just DIGITAL ZOOM? If any cell camera had real zoom, it would need a varifocal lens or a parfocal lens, which I don't believe any have.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by acipollo View Post
    Aren't all cell phone cameras just DIGITAL ZOOM? If any cell camera had real zoom, it would need a varifocal lens or a parfocal lens, which I don't believe any have.
    Correct
  11. #11  
    reminds me of this from waay back.
    sph 2300 optical zoom phone |
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muyiwafly View Post
    Correct
    not correct, the new blackberry has a true auto focus lens, as well as the Touch Diamond and Touch Pro. You can actually here the lens move if your in a quiet environment when taking a picture.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    not correct, the new blackberry has a true auto focus lens, as well as the Touch Diamond and Touch Pro. You can actually here the lens move if your in a quiet environment when taking a picture.
    Not sure thats true of Diamond and TP. I had a TP and its a single lens. Never hear any part moving while focusing. Thats just the sound effects of the device. If you mute the camera settings on the TP you will not hear anything.

    Back on topic... It would be very nice to have digital zoom and auto focus as well.

    P.S. This forum is the best..... with all the knowledgeable & talented members and the Homebrew section they are making the Pre to be an even better device....SO a VERY BIG THANK YOU TO ALL!!!!!
  14. Lito305's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    not correct, the new blackberry has a true auto focus lens, as well as the Touch Diamond and Touch Pro. You can actually here the lens move if your in a quiet environment when taking a picture.
    what new blackberry??

    and i believe that is auto focus that you hear
  15. #15  
    TP and Diamond did not have this feature.
  16. erod550's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    Digital zoom is not zoom at all. It's cropping.

    The camera on the pre is not capable of zooming. The camera software could relatively easily be made to crop, but the camera on the pre will never zoom.
    Regardless of the semantics of it, it would be a nice feature to have, which is the point of this thread.
  17. #17  
    Digital zoom is nothing more than taking a section of the photo and blowing it up. Unless you have a moving lens you are just letting your phone do a worse job than you yourself can do with Photoshop, Windows Photo Gallery, Gimp, Paint, iPhoto, or whatever program you choose to manage your pictures. Save yourself the agony and take the snapshots with your phone and if you need to crop them or blow them up, do it with your computer and not some half-baked digital zoom.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by erod550 View Post
    Regardless of the semantics of it, it would be a nice feature to have, which is the point of this thread.
    Haha good to see someone understands me
  19. wp746911's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #19  
    it seems that the pre can already sort-of do this- like if you are saving a pic as a wallpaper, you can zoom in on an area and save it.
  20. delta7's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #20  
    I just realized this and I'm pretty ****ed, my old touch pro had zoom and this doesn't? I'm trying to zoom in on some pretty chicks at a college campus and the damn phone has no zoom on the camera, this sucks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions