Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Can someone help?
    Go into the phone dialer and hit ##786# and it will bring up the reverse logistics and look for reconddate and recondstatus. It will say no if it isn't and if it is it will say yes and give a date.

Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    thanks, some of yous are effin bright!!! i should of payed attention in class.
    There is a phone number in MSID ... what is this? thx ... gww
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    There is a phone number in MSID ... what is this? thx ... gww
    It's the phone number for your phone on Sprint's switch (from what I've read). Typically it will be the same as your phone number, but will be different if you port an old number over to Sprint. When I first ordered my 700P in 2008 it arrived with a phone number and MSID the same. But I ported my old number over to Sprint, so my phone number changed but my MSID stayed as when I initially signed up with Sprint. Since my 700P was preassigned a phone number when I ebay ordered it, and then ported my old number over, the MSID is that of the number I was initially given when I signed up with Sprint.
    Nothing to be concerned about.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Weird that they would not update those at some point since they are tieing up two phone numbers unnecessarily ... gww
    I just had an experience with a refurb/recon phone. When I look at ##786# is says it's not reconditioned, but when I tried to return it the computer has the serial number flagged as a refurb. I had it replaced twice at a Sprint Corp. store at it seems the one they gave me isn't quite new, but isn't officially refurb either.
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjim View Post
    I just had an experience with a refurb/recon phone. When I look at ##786# is says it's not reconditioned, but when I tried to return it the computer has the serial number flagged as a refurb. I had it replaced twice at a Sprint Corp. store at it seems the one they gave me isn't quite new, but isn't officially refurb either.
    It sounds like it was a return. They might have opened it, then returned it to Spirnt deciding they didn't want it. I actually saw this happen while I was at Sprint, that a gentleman bought the phone, had it activated, was playing with it for a little bit. He went to his car and then came back in and decided it wasn't the phone for him and exchanged for a Blackberry. There was nothing wrong with the device, but I think it can't be considered new. I am pretty sure the rep told me that they can give this phone to someone who comes in to exchange their Pre, because of a problem. He did say that if it is within 30 days, the person can return that phone, because they were still under the 30 day policy, because the previous phone was bad.

Just talk to the Manager at the store you were returning it to or call retentions direct and explain the situation.
    Its flagged in the Sprint system as a refurb even though they are technically brand new devices. It's to avoid fraud in the system but it seems its hurting users within 30 days; I personally believe that is a BBB issue and Sprint should not be able to get away with it.