Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Its a cool feature, but how do i save it? There is an option to save pics, but i don't see one for video.
    Last edited by Jeff80; 07/25/2009 at 04:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I dont believe you can as of right now.
    I haven't received video mms' yet. You can't just touch it to save it like with a pic mms?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    nope, i tried. i even got sent an mp3 file via mms. music actually plays! but i can't save it either.
    I would really like to be able to touch and hold a message in a thread and have a menu show with options: forward, save attachment, etc.
    this is one of the biggest features thats missing in the mms part of the phone. my friends are always sending me sounds pix and videos, and unfortunately i can only save pix! =(
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I believe there is another post floating around about this, but you have to connect in USB mode and retrieve them from a system folder. The directory path escapes me, but basically there will a folder for every MMS message you receive, and you have to look through the folders to find the one with your video. Your pic and mp3 MMS messages will also have their own folder, and the folder names have no rhyme or reason that I remember. If no one has found it by the time I finish putting my son to bed, I'll post it.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    hey it worked! i plugged it in and went to USB mode. From there i went to attachments folder --> mms. thanks a bunch.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Thanks, Jeff80. My buddy sent me a video he wanted me to upload to YouTube, and thanks to your suggestion, I was able to. I'm on a Mac, so the ".attachments" folder wasn't visible. So... I went to terminal, and typed "cd " (the space is important), then dragged the Palm Pre icon from the finder (not the sidebar!) to the terminal, and pressed return. Then type "cd .attachments", (no quotes), and then "open ." (again, no quotes). That'll open the finder with the previously hidden files temporarily visible until you close the window. After that, it was pretty self-explanatory to get the file. Heads-up: it was in a .3g2 format, but QuickTime was able to read it (and ultimately save it as an .mp4) no problem.
    I love how every question regarding the PrPrPr&#$275$; $has$ $the$ $same$ $answer$:

How do I do this? How do I do that?

You can't!