Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I would love to have tons of apps, but the priority for me is a device that improves my productivity not makes my life more difficult. I'd rather they got the underlying software right before they start allowing tons of 3rd party apps.
    Like I said, don't worry, your turn will come hparsons and you'll end up with my old Pre as your new refurb.

Seriously though, I am glad you and MANY others have had a great experience. Really! Along with my love for webOS, your good fortunes have kept me from moving on. I only want the same, but to be characterized as an ***** or someone who lacks credibility because I have had 4 bad Pre phones is somewhat disappointing to me.

My free airave (a SPRINT device I never needed before being aided by my VERIZON dsl I might add sadly) stands as proof to the reception issues I mentioned. That and the hundreds of posts on this most helpful web site.

I have had issues with past devices, but never so many as with this one....all in a little over one month. Again, I understand that that has been MY experience.

This isn't a personal battle against YOU or the Pre hparsons, although you do seem to like to fight over how good the Pre is as if your life depended on it. Man, I hate to say it, but you my friend are turning into a Pre Fan Boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    Like I said, don't worry, your turn will come hparsons and you'll end up with my old Pre as your new refurb.

Seriously though, I am glad you and MANY others have had a great experience. Really! Along with my love for webOS, your good fortunes have kept me from moving on. I only want the same, but to be characterized as an ***** or someone who lacks credibility because I have had 4 bad Pre phones is somewhat disappointing to me.

My free airave (a SPRINT device I never needed before being aided by my VERIZON dsl I might add sadly) stands as proof to the reception issues I mentioned. That and the hundreds of posts on this most helpful web site.

I have had issues with past devices, but never so many as with this one....all in a little over one month. Again, I understand that that has been MY experience.

This isn't a personal battle against YOU or the Pre hparsons, although you do seem to like to fight over how good the Pre is as if your life depended on it. Man, I hate to say it, but you my friend are turning into a Pre Fan Boy.
    Golly, you forgot to explain how to eat the apple analogy. That's the one part of your post that I found even slightly disappointing...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And some points that you are missing.

I (and others) acknowledge your issues. We can't tell you want to do though, nor can we tell you what your next experience would be. If I was as frustrated as you appear to be, I don't think I'd try again. However, as I said before, for myself though, I would try again.

The hundreds (even though I think they are more like dozens, and probably less than that if you discount multiple posts from the same users) of complaints on here do not compare to the hundreds of thousands of Pres where folks aren't having problems.

As for the the rest of your comments, you accused others who honestly answered your question of being "a ****", and then you come back with a response like the one above. Clean off that reflective back on your Pre before you take it back, and take a good long look...
    I should know better than to try and have an objective conversation online with a guy who has over 1500 posts invested in a product that he no longer can view objectively.

It's time for you to back away from this web page for a while. Really. Go on a date or something.

This isn't the only thread I have noticed where you get mad and then use profanity because you can no longer see through your one sided love for a phone. It's a phone hparsons. It's only a phone. Be objective and realistic. It has faults. You can discuss them. It also rocks. You can discuss both sides. I know you can. Just try.

YOU CAN DO IT! I BELIEVE IN YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    I should know better than to try and have an objective conversation online with a guy who has over 1500 posts invested in a product that he no longer can view objectively.

It's time for you to back away from this web page for a while. Really. Go on a date or something.

This isn't the only thread I have noticed where you get mad and then use profanity because you can no longer see through your one sided love for a phone. It's a phone hparsons. It's only a phone. Be objective and realistic. It has faults. You can discuss them. It also rocks. You can discuss both sides. I know you can. Just try.

YOU CAN DO IT! I BELIEVE IN YOU!
    You make some really funny assumptions.
    • My 1500+ posts date back to 2003. Most of those posts were actually about the various Treos I owned. I enjoyed those devices in spite of their problems, and enjoy this one in spite of it's problems.
    • I'm married, and we have a couple "date nights" a week. She's pretty adamant though that they have to be with her.
    • You've never seen me use profanity on this forum, or any other, unless I'm quoting back what someone else said. In this case, I made a mistake on who I was quoting. I confused you with this post:

Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
      did every *** hole read this thread only or what?

ive seen tons of other topics about similar stuff and nobody else was such **** heads about it

For that, I apologize. That mistake was why I deleted my response. I did not realize you had already seen in it an responded. Mods - feel free to put it back.

I will point out, that no name-calling was done by me, and no personal information about you, until you decided to make it personal about me. Just a different viewpoint. As you said, it's a phone (well, and a computer, and a camera, and a GPS, but I digress).
    Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya
    O Lord, kumbaya

Someone’s laughing, Lord, kumbaya
    O Lord, kumbaya

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234