1.    #1  
    Before, when logged into AIM there was (as most of you know) an issue that caused the battery to rapidly deplete. Was that resolved in 1.1? Has anyone tried it? Any difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    Before, when logged into AIM there was (as most of you know) an issue that caused the battery to rapidly deplete. Was that resolved in 1.1? Has anyone tried it? Any difference?
    I always have AIM and Gchat on when I'm not charging, so I've kept a close eye on this (albeit I never actually wrote down hours or percentages). But it seems like battery life gets eaten just as quickly with the 1.1 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by goblue7612 View Post
    I always have AIM and Gchat on when I'm not charging, so I've kept a close eye on this (albeit I never actually wrote down hours or percentages). But it seems like battery life gets eaten just as quickly with the 1.1 update.
    Damn, I really want to leave this on...If you turn off aim and leave just gchat on, does it do any better?
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Damn, I really want to leave this on...If you turn off aim and leave just gchat on, does it do any better?
    Is this possible to do short of removing your aim account?
    The only way i've found out to log into just one service is to sign out of both...

Then open up a contact and select message via gtalk.... make sure the top pull down menu in the messaging app says gtalk.... then send a msg to him... it will sign into only gtalk... go back to buddies and you'll notice that the "available" circle is half filled....
    Yup, make sure you are signed out of all accounts via the available/away/signed out switch. Then goto preferences and choose the account you want to sign in to and enter a password and click sign in. It will show a half moon green available for only partial sign in.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Yup, make sure you are signed out of all accounts via the available/away/signed out switch. Then goto preferences and choose the account you want to sign in to and enter a password and click sign in. It will show a half moon green available for only partial sign in.
    My battery life is great WITHOUT AIM running. I reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly wish they would fix this.
    Is it such a huge problem though? You can set up AIM so that when people send you messages it comes to your phone as a text. The only downside to this is that you can't see who is online. I think it is a pretty good work around to this issue.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    Is it such a huge problem though? You can set up AIM so that when people send you messages it comes to your phone as a text. The only downside to this is that you can't see who is online. I think it is a pretty good work around to this issue.
    How do you do this?
  10.    #10  
    I haven't tried to set that up as of yet. And I understand that there are work-a-rounds for most of the issues. I just want it to work without the need for a work-a-round.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skaeight View Post
    How do you do this?
    AOL Mobile - IM Forwarding

There are some downsides though.

1. There is a delay - text messages are naturally slower than connecting directly to AOL.
    2. If you know somebody using an old AIM protocol (maybe Linux or something) it will show you as offline to them.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ualdayan View Post
    AOL Mobile - IM Forwarding

There are some downsides though.

1. There is a delay - text messages are naturally slower than connecting directly to AOL.
    2. If you know somebody using an old AIM protocol (maybe Linux or something) it will show you as offline to them.
    ^^^ That is why I don't care for the work-a-round.
    It really isn't much of a delay. Just thought I would share this option :P
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    It really isn't much of a delay. Just thought I would share this option :P
    It seemed to really fluctuate. It takes about 10 seconds for my phone to get an IM from the time it's sent.

It takes anywhere from 14 seconds to 15 minutes for a text message to arrive. (not including the texts I just plain never received - I was even shown later that the person DID in fact send it, and their phone showed it as successful, but my phone never received it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ualdayan View Post
    It seemed to really fluctuate. It takes about 10 seconds for my phone to get an IM from the time it's sent.

It takes anywhere from 14 seconds to 15 minutes for a text message to arrive. (not including the texts I just plain never received - I was even shown later that the person DID in fact send it, and their phone showed it as successful, but my phone never received it.)
    Hmmm...I haven't had that problem before. I could be mistaken, however, but it seems to be fine for me.
    I just decided to try leaveing just gtalk signed today by using the method I described above. I just looked and somehow aim got signed on again. Maybe I did it I dunno but I just decided to delete my aim account till they fix it.