1.    #1  
    I used some new encoder by nvidia called badaboom to convert a movie to iphone/mp4 and it successfully did. Transferred the file to videos folder and it played on the pre beautifully, and so did many others.

I conerted another movie (long one) and it came out to about 2.7gb (quality was set to highest) and it transfers to my pre, takes up the required space, but I can't seem to find it in 'vidos" on my pre!

Any ideas? All settings remained the same
    Filesystem limitation, nothing to do with the Pre itself. You need to get that file below 2GB, or split it into multiple files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    Filesystem limitation, nothing to do with the Pre itself. You need to get that file below 2GB, or split it into multiple files.
    Is the Pre using FAT 16?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Dear GOD either that movie is 8 hours long or you really need to adjust the resolution and compress it a bit more when you convert it. No need for it to be that big.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    The USB drive portion is Fat32. That allows linux to mount and use it and allows windoze and mac to also access it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtkwol View Post
    The USB drive portion is Fat32. That allows linux to mount and use it and allows windoze and mac to also access it.
    In that case I don't see why the Pre can't handle a less than 3gb single file. Something else is amiss here.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Is the Pre using FAT 16?
    it is using FAT32....this is really frustrating but i guess i'll just sacrifice some quality and get the size down....