1.    #1  
    Unless I am totally missing it, why does the Pre have the ability to store a Yahoo IM Name , in contacts, but there is NO Yahoo IM app on the device?

I can use Yahoo messenger, web based, and its fine, but there is really no tie to that, and my contacts list, so why is there a place for That IM name, when there is no place that it is used??

Any ideas?
    Just like Outlook can store them doesn't mean it should have applications built in for them.

But who knows it may be on their radar?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    If I remember a post from long time ago, both Yahoo and MSN are there but dormant/inactive. We'll just have to wait for the next update, as usual.
  4.    #4  
    Kinda reminds me of what my son tells me, when ever I ask him to do something.,.

"Later"
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I can use Yahoo messenger, web based, and its fine
    You're doing better than I am, I try to use the web based one and it wants me to install flash and I cannot figure out how to get that installed.
    Just remember the partners showed at CES....its coming:

THe phone is still a baby.
    I would hope they just haven't finished making multiple IM accounts integrate nicely. I would rather everything work together and be well designed than just have the feature thrown in.

The pieces are there to talk to the servers, but that doesn't mean it fits in with WebOS well.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Facebook chat as well.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    If it comes I would much rather see it integrated into Messaging like google IM rather than a completely different app.

However, for me Facebook chat is a higher priority. Very few of my friends are using sepearate IM clients anymore. Everyone's migrating over to facebook for everything, it seems.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    If it comes I would much rather see it integrated into Messaging like google IM rather than a completely different app.

However, for me Facebook chat is a higher priority. Very few of my friends are using sepearate IM clients anymore. Everyone's migrating over to facebook for everything, it seems.
    Agree. I would like to see Facebook chat intergrated like Gtalk is now. Very cool.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    Ugh Facebook chat is annoying. Who leaves facebook open most of the day? haha.

I have some friends who are still on AIM but a lot of them just use GTalk these days.