Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. enjoyingsilence
    I used the WebOS Dr to Restore my phone..Wanted a clean install of 1.1 and now, when I try to sign into my profile I'm told

Sign In Failed

You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in. Move into a wireless service area and try again.

----huh?---.....

I am in a service area, with great signal, EVDO, and all necessary equipment. It's the same handset I've had for a while. It's activated and all, on my account.

The last time I used WebOS Doctor to do this, it worked fine. NOW... it doesn't.

Anyone have advice... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    I used the WebOS Dr to Restore my phone..Wanted a clean install of 1.1 and now, when I try to sign into my profile I'm told

Sign In Failed

You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in. Move into a wireless service area and try again.

----huh?---.....

I am in a service area, with great signal, EVDO, and all necessary equipment. It's the same handset I've had for a while. It's activated and all, on my account.

The last time I used WebOS Doctor to do this, it worked fine. NOW... it doesn't.

Anyone have advice... ?
    I had a very similar issue it was having trouble connecting to the sprint internet network. it might of been a fluke but doing a ##RTN# then scrolling down to reset fixed it for me. you do need the msl code or whatever it is called.. unique for each device and only sprint has access to it if you call them and say you have been told to call CS to do an RTN reset they should know what you are talking about and ask them for the msl code to be able to do the reset. as for doing ##RTN# without being able to access the phone app is tricky right? not so much just hit ## on your keyboard at i think the palm login screen if i remember right. keep in mind most sprint store reps dont know that and they will tell you your phone is dead and you need to change it. they are full of chit

good luck
    MatterOfFactJack
  3. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I had a very similar issue it was having trouble connecting to the sprint internet network. it might of been a fluke but doing a ##RTN# then scrolling down to reset fixed it for me. you do need the msl code or whatever it is called.. unique for each device and only sprint has access to it if you call them and say you have been told to call CS to do an RTN reset they should know what you are talking about and ask them for the msl code to be able to do the reset. as for doing ##RTN# without being able to access the phone app is tricky right? not so much just hit ## on your keyboard at i think the palm login screen if i remember right. keep in mind most sprint store reps dont know that and they will tell you your phone is dead and you need to change it. they are full of chit

good luck
    Fortunately, I already have the MSI Code handy So.... I'll try that now, and report back in a few minutes.

Thanks!
  4. enjoyingsilence
    Thanks very much That worked fine for me Restoring applications now.
    Also, there's a function to reset RTN in WebOSDoctor's code. It's take like 2min to make an app that would set it without msl
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    yup I had this exact same problem- use webos dr first then reset using ##786# and call sprint for your unlock code to do a reset
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    Thanks very much That worked fine for me Restoring applications now.
    glad to hear it worked out!
    MatterOfFactJack
    I did the MSL reset and it still says that im not connected to the network.... any suggestions?
  9. enjoyingsilence
    Call Sprint? And talk to Tech Support... make sure you call from a different phone tho...
    Ok I figured it out. I had no "Ev" next to the signal bars. I used the ## to make a phone call and the "Ev" displayed. I logged in again and my palm profile went through.
  11. enjoyingsilence
    glad to hear!
    What is ##?
  13. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    What is ##?
    When you don't have a dial pad... or an option to call on a dial pad (such as a button for one) and you find yourself in need of one, generally you can push the Orange Button on the keyboard, and while holding the orange button, push the "b" button (which has the # symbol on it) to "dial" the # sign.

It will bring up the dial pad.

You can dial numbers from the keyboard using this method - by holding the orange key and pressing the e r t d f g x c v z and b keys, on the keyboard.
    So the keyboard comes up than do i make a call and the "EV" should come back because I am having the same problem.
  15. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    So the keyboard comes up than do i make a call and the "EV" should come back because I am having the same problem.
    If you're having this issue, you'll need to dial ##RTN#, which is ##786# when translated from letters to numbers...

The phone will more than likely ask for your MSL code. Sprint will have to provide you with this code. They are unique to each phone.

After entering the MSL code into your phone, push reset, it will re provision the phone to the network. Then you *should* (keyword: SHOULD) get the Ev symbol in the upper right.
    Thank you very much. Now all I have to do is call sprint... Argg
  17. enjoyingsilence
    No problem. Good luck.. Sprint can be very tricky when it comes to getting them release the MSL code to you.
    I'm finding that out. They said when they give me the code and I reset it deletes everything. Is that true?
  19. enjoyingsilence
    it deletes the current network programming on the phone.. and re programs it

it doesn't delete your settings from the phone.. things that are relevant to the phone itself.

only deletes things relevant to sprint. not palm. if that makes sense. but what is deleted, gets re programmed.
    So I won't loose my contacts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast