Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sure enough the Ev came back
    Quote Originally Posted by Lildun101 View Post
    Sure enough the Ev came back
    glad it worked..
    MatterOfFactJack
    Had the same problem, thanks for the help.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lildun101 View Post
    Hey i had the same exact problem i decided to call the number u gave "(877)809-6696" and they was happy to give over the msl #
    to fix my problem

maybe cuz itz 1:30 in the morning and the guy sounded pretty tired
    I called the same number at midnight. Awesome that someone was there. I entered the ##786# as discussed above and the master reset they gave me was 053277. That did the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I don't know what ended up working for me. When I called Sprint, instead of just giving me the msl code, they had me reprogram the phone using ##msl code#. Then they had me re-enter my phone number and an MSID#.

Even though it didn't work, they had me dial a # using the on screen keyboard so that they could be sure the phone was working as a phone.

I told them I was going to reset the phone using the MSID # so they gave me the number to Palm (877)809-6696 to be sure that I could get back into my phone after I reset. (I don't know if it was actual Palm or Sprint's Palm support.
    I'm pretty sure it was Palm.

I reset my phone and then called Palm. Palm stayed on the line with me after I used the msl code and reset. After waiting for my phone to reboot and learning that the msl code with reset didn't work, they had me dial a number to be sure the phone portion worked. Then they had me dial *2 to get updates. It didn't go to updates and they told me to go into the Sprint store for their with the physical phone.

After I hung up. I came back to the phone and it was downloading the palm profile information even though it had said that the profile failed.

I Don't know what worked, I'm just glad I have my Pre back.

Yeah....the same thing kinda just happen to me. Sprint had me do a data reset in ##3282# but didnt have me reset it with ##729#.

After I hung up I came here and did the ##729# and it did not work at first....took about 2mins for the EV to pop up.....its restoring my profile as I type!!!
    600p > 650p > 700p > PRE
    Quote Originally Posted by raeb View Post
    Yeah....the same thing kinda just happen to me. Sprint had me do a data reset in ##3282# but didnt have me reset it with ##729#.

After I hung up I came here and did the ##729# and it did not work at first....took about 2mins for the EV to pop up.....its restoring my profile as I type!!!
    Ya data doesn't do ****. glad you saved your msl... i had to tell the sprint rep to do an rtn.... i think they know about rtn but they are scared of it because it erased everything the only thing is they are stupid to not realize if you are at that point and dont have data connection you have already erased everything but like sheep they have been told its a taboo to use rtn. glad you got it going.

Ha my original sprint rep didnt even know how to get to the dial pad from that screen. actually none of them knew i had to tell them.
    MatterOfFactJack
    A hard reset worked for me!
    Used webOS doctor and now the music from amazon is gone. What is the easiest way of redownloading them to my pre? Any help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I called Sprint, asked for MSL number, they gave it to me, entered it into phone, it rebooted, I saw the EV icon, then I was able to sign into my profile. Thanks jack87.
    So did webOS dr and didn't have EV signal so failed. Had to do the ##786# called the number "(877)809-6696". No hassel he gave me the MSL and it reset and the EV was back and able to restore. I asked him if this is common after doing webOS dr and he didn't say, but said the reset was the correct thing to do.

Thanks for all these posts they saved me a trip to the Sprint store.
    dang it...got this problem again...everytime i doctor...i did the reset..changed around the data a bit...nothin...anyone ever come oup with a sure way to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I had a very similar issue it was having trouble connecting to the sprint internet network. it might of been a fluke but doing a ##RTN# then scrolling down to reset fixed it for me. you do need the msl code or whatever it is called.. unique for each device and only sprint has access to it if you call them and say you have been told to call CS to do an RTN reset they should know what you are talking about and ask them for the msl code to be able to do the reset. as for doing ##RTN# without being able to access the phone app is tricky right? not so much just hit ## on your keyboard at i think the palm login screen if i remember right. keep in mind most sprint store reps dont know that and they will tell you your phone is dead and you need to change it. they are full of chit

good luck
    What I did was call customer service, and the once they gave me my MSL I hit add a call. Once I got to there, I entered ##RTN# (##786#) and scrolled down to reset and entered my MSL. Best of luck to ya!
    Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks !

thank you to all of you... i had Ev service right after i used webOS but the sign-in kept failing.... and i almost threw my pre against the wall...

then i found this thread and tried the hard reset.. and as soon as it rebooted, sign-in was successful and my phone is alive again... sweet didnt need to talk to sprint!

THANK YOU!
    My problem is fixed by this thread! Thanks!

My problem was (for archival purposes): used vzw pre plus, transplanted coms board from a different used vzw pre plus. (One phone in good shape with bad ESN, and vice versa for the other phone, so...) Took phone with transplanted board and did a fresh standard vzw doctor to put it back in off-the-shelf state. Went to a Verizon store to get activated on month-to-month contract, it showed great signal, but would not get a data signal and so I could not sign into my palm profile. The error message was something like "unable to establish a data connection, please try again when you are in a location with a signal." Very frustarting, left the store because they had no clue what they were doing.

Some extra details that I thought would matter but did not: when I first got both phones, the first thing I did was metadoctor to webos 2 without backing up the tokens. (Then switched coms boards, etc.)

So, read this thread, decided to do the factory reset with ##MSL#, called tech support for vze, they told me the default MSL is 000000 but they couldn't help me because my account was screwed up when it was created at the store.

Well, the 000000 code worked just fine for the MSL reset, and then my phone went on the network and got 3G etc etc and the palm profile was created. Only snag was a hang during reboot after the reset was complete. I did the power button - mute switch reset and everything was great after that. (Hold down power button, slide mute switch back and forth 3 or 6 times...)

Thanks for the thread!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123