Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i copied cd files using media sync. but i tried putting them in different places but cant find them on pre
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Create a music folder in USB mode and put your music in there.
  3.    #3  
    ok great, what is media sync option for
    Quote Originally Posted by MR29ROSE View Post
    Itunes.
    is this really necessary?

maybe i am coming off too strong but..really?
  6.    #6  
    A little i guess. i just didnt know if the media sync was for all music transfering. but the last person said use the usb to make a music file.

so i guess the question isnt too bad
  7.    #7  
    wow 2 month old member already pushin people around lol
    Specifically if you are using a media Manager like

iTunes
    MediaMonkey
    Winamp
    Amarok
    Windows media Player.

The Media Sync option docks the Pre to be seen by these media manager software GUI's Your album art,tags & Playlist will transfer easier.
    A little i guess. i just didnt know if the media sync was for all music transfering. but the last person said use the usb to make a music file.

so i guess the question isnt too bad
    Perfectly legit question I wondered myself. I Prefer USB for Quick Transfers However using USB your Album Art will not fall under the Music in your phone.

What OS are you using on your PC ( Windows, Apple, or Linux?)
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Perfectly legit question I wondered myself. I Prefer USB for Quick Transfers However using USB your Album Art will not fall under the Music in your phone.

What OS are you using on your PC ( Windows, Apple, or Linux?)
    It will if you embed your MP3's with album artwork using something like MP3TAG (Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2)). And then they don't show up in your photo albums either. A few years ago while I engaged on a project to do just that, and I've got all of my 80G of MP3's with embedded artwork.
    Embedded all mine as well, but I used MediaMonkey. Don't have to hassle with wondering if the cover art with show up or not this way. And it definitely won't show up in the Photo album.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I just drag and drop the files to it in USB mode.
    I use Zune, not iPod so it's a lot more like Zune software, which I love.

I suggest using that.
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
    Another novice question. I have basically figured how to get my oldie 45's to my pre. I rip to MP3 format and then manually name the song as I am coming from 'home made' cd's that I recorded years ago. About half of them transfer with the name of the song that I gave. The other half come over as Track 1, Track 2 etc which obviously is a real pain/problem. I figured if all the titles ended in .mp3 I was OK and they would transfer but obviously that's not the case. Any suggestions? thanx
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48 View Post
    Another novice question. I have basically figured how to get my oldie 45's to my pre. I rip to MP3 format and then manually name the song as I am coming from 'home made' cd's that I recorded years ago. About half of them transfer with the name of the song that I gave. The other half come over as Track 1, Track 2 etc which obviously is a real pain/problem. I figured if all the titles ended in .mp3 I was OK and they would transfer but obviously that's not the case. Any suggestions? thanx
    It could be the ripping software you're using isn't naming them correctly, or isn't putting in the right information in the MP3 tags. Try the software I listed above or MediaMonkey (I've never used that one, but heard good things about it) to modify the MP3 tags which will include Artist, Title, track order, etc.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Specifically if you are using a media Manager like

iTunes
    MediaMonkey
    Winamp
    Amarok
    Windows media Player.

The Media Sync option docks the Pre to be seen by these media manager software GUI's Your album art,tags & Playlist will transfer easier.
    Oh, and I learned something today myself! I *can* transfer Winamp playlists over! W00000T! I didn't even think of using Winamp - I just USB transfer stuff over usually. Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    Oh, and I learned something today myself! I *can* transfer Winamp playlists over! W00000T! I didn't even think of using Winamp - I just USB transfer stuff over usually. Cool!
    Winamp rocks
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    If I use WMP, will I be able to transfer playlists and album art, while keeping the folder hierarchy? I'd prefer to use WMP over iTunes so that it doesn't jumble up the files in random folders.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    l Love MediaMonkey. It automatically organizes your MP3s as well if you choose. I have mine set to go to \Artist\Album\#-Name.mp3

I just wish it had more sources for MP3 tag album info. You can automatically tag the song from the Web which can include most important song info plus it can embed the album art onto the MP3 if you so choose. It can be a little tedious if you have a lot of songs but much quicker and easier than making all changes by hand.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    If I use WMP, will I be able to transfer playlists and album art, while keeping the folder hierarchy? I'd prefer to use WMP over iTunes so that it doesn't jumble up the files in random folders.
    From my limited test, it copied over the files just fine and they show up as individual albums for artists with multiple albums. Now, all my MP3 files have tags for the info and not depending on file hierarchy to do that. I *don't* like that copying it over via WinAmp puts it into the same "ipod control" or whatever folder on the Pre - I'd much rather have separate folders like when I copied over via USB. So, if you're looking for if it appears in the music player on the Pre, then you're fine as far as it not messing things up. If you're looking at it from the filesystem perspective, then yeah, it does some weird things with that folder.
    +1 Vote for MP3Tag, easiest MP3 tagger I have ever used.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast