Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    fuuuuuuuuuuu

give me 1.2 nao!
    That is strange. my update and app catalog has been working fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azn_chick View Post
    That is strange. my update and app catalog has been working fine for me.
    It was only down for about 10 minutes.
    just got an update to bubbles and where.
    still getting App Catalog unavailable. Is it because I'm using the leaked 1.2 with disabled updates?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    still getting App Catalog unavailable. Is it because I'm using the leaked 1.2 with disabled updates?
    yes, it's not supported yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    yes, it's not supported yet.
    ahh true true. makes sense.

thanks!
    I had fits with my web last night and today, Advanced Tech Support said the system has been going up and down, affecting both web usage and texting. Mine worked only on Wifi.
    So, this might still be some of the issues you are having????
    I have not been able to get into the app catalog for some time now.

Here is what I have done since my last webOSDoc wipe:

+Updated to 1.2.1
    +installed preware
    +applied most of the tweaks -- using webOSQuickInstall
    +installed various homebrew apps
    +installed theme
    +installed some webOSInternals pkgs (ssh and the like)

Ever since, I have been getting the App Cat. not available screen. At first I just thought that they were still working out some kinks and would try back latter. Now I would like to get it back up again.

Does anyone know of which tweak, app, etc. that might be making my app store complain? Please help me out so I can get some money into programmer's hands.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ericwait; 10/12/2009 at 09:14 AM. Reason: readability
    Quote Originally Posted by ericwait View Post

+Updated to 1.2.1
    +installed preware
    +installed theme

Ever since, I have been getting the App Cat. not available screen. At first I just thought that they were still working out some kinks and would try back latter. Now I would like to get it back up again.

Does anyone know of which tweak, app, etc. that might be making my app store complain? Please help me out so I can get some money into programmer's hands.

Thanks.
    I am having the same problem, can anyone help...?

+Updated to 1.2.1
    +installed preware
    +installed theme

Thanks.
    To clarify the problem, I open the app Catalog and I get the grayed out screen (the one that first comes up when it is loading the apps). Then I get the unavailable message.

Also when I go into the preferances & Accounts, I get:

Server Error
    PMT01002

Hope that helps the trouble shooting.

Thanks
    sorry i can not help my app catolouge has been comming up fine.... but did have a simular problem with a 1.1 and had to run the dr to fix the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcraw11967 View Post
    sorry i can not help my app catolouge has been comming up fine.... but did have a simular problem with a 1.1 and had to run the dr to fix the problem.
    This happened right after running the dr and doing the things listed above. I would rather fix the problem w/o running the dr again. It is getting increasingly harder to get everything back the way I like (data, app, & layout) the longer I have the device.

***BUMP***
    Anyone?

+Updated to 1.2.1
    +installed preware
    +installed theme

Thanks.
    Hey m8... got to ask. Did you check that everything was up and running as it should be before you started adding apps, patches and a theme? Is your copy of webOSdoctor up to date? Did you update to 1.2.1 before you started adding everything back?

I've read a few post here and there that, if I remember correctly stated it sometimes took others a second time running webOSdoctor to get everything back to where it needs to be.

I've run webOSdoctor before each update(after making sure I had the most up to date version), and checked to see if all of the out of the box stuff worked. Then loaded back all of my data(email accts., contacts, photo's...) using my palm profile and USB mode. Then checked the basic's again, just to be sure. Then did the update, and checked once again.

Once I was happy and sure everything was working as it should be I started adding back apps that palm backup didn't back up for me, patches and services I wanted back. Then re themed my Pre. Resting Luna often and check from time to time just to make sure everything was installing correctly.

I say all this cause I have 36 apps installed from the Palm Catalog, 45 homebrew apps installed from Preware, 38 patches installed from Preware and my custom theme. So chances are I have most what you've got on your Pre and I've not had any issues with the Palm App Catalog. Aside from when Palm is updating it from time to time.

You said you have things like ssh and ??? installed. I'm not going to be much help here cause I don't really use any of that but, doesn't that stuff allow you to send and receive files over wifi and bluetooth??? I'm guessing it could mess with the radio's on the Pre. I don't know if it would give you a server error.

Or it could be on your service provides side, you know something in your area. Give them a call and see if anyone else is having issues.

Only other thing I can suggest is bit the bullet and start over from the beginning. WebOSdoctor your Pre, and start reinstalling everything. just check once in awhile to make sure all is well.

I know thats probably not what you wanted to hear but..........

Hope that helps a little m8, good luck!
    i got it too once, went away in an hour...
    Ok, I went through the WebOSDr again and checked after each step to see where the app catalog stopped working.

I think I have it pined down. I have been restoring my db3 file so that I can have all of my text message history back. It seems to be the place that it breaks. Maybe there is something in that file that remembers app history (such as which apps have been loaded).

If anyone know how I can selectively get that info out of that file, it would be great and also how to backup that info from now on and be able to restore it properly.

Thanks
    Last edited by ericwait; 10/14/2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: spelling
    I had to swap out my Pre today because of a malfunction...everything came back except for the 1 app that I paid for in the app catalog. I go into the app in the catalog and the button says "Download again for free"...about 2 seconds later, I get the App Catalog unavailable error. I can download any free apps with no problem, so the problem seems to be the paid one. There are no other paid apps that I am interested in trying to buy to test if it is all paid apps or just the one. Any ideas???
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567