1.    #1  
    Anyone ever got this message before?

I got it recently when trying to install an app. Not sure if it has to do with the number of apps installed on a page, but I had 65.

I had to delete apps, or move them to another page, in order to have them fit.

And, yes, I have 5.9 gigs of free space.
    Go to Launcher then go to Device Info let us know how much Available space you got there.
    Are you just doing this for a stress test?

Cause why on gods green earth do you have that many apps. Thats like every official and homebrew.
    SEARCH.

I just posted on this problem yesterday.

Clean out your /var directory. Too much optware packages will use up the var space quickly.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post

Cause why on gods green earth do you have that many apps. Thats like every official and homebrew.
    LOL, that must be a full time job updating all those home brew apps.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    LOL, that must be a full time job updating all those home brew apps.
    It is!! Actually it's just the games and some of the more helpful apps, but it adds up quickly, given the number of installed apps already on the main page (12 or so) then official apps (probably 25) and then homebrew with the rest, it fills up...
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    had this problem once rebooted phone never seen again when i first got the phone dunno.
    The space that homebrew apps install into is only 256MB! I ran into this exact issue today when installing the latest batch of homebrews.

If I was just updating an already-installed app I would remove it first and then install the update. I also pruned out some of the apps that I won't ever use.

Just remember that the bigger the .ipk file the more memory it'll use when installed (and decompressed).
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post

Now that is funny...but it does bring up the question for probably a future date as the app catalog is released and people start downloading a bunch of apps, how much room will we need for updates
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  10.    #10  
    So, deleted some and still getting the message when trying to install new ones. Maybe they're too big, but on a phone with 8 gigs of memory, limiting the number of apps seems rather random, when space obviously isn't an issue.

Just checked with a friend and the iPhone has a limit of 148. What a pain...