Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone have a copy of the old notification sound to post up, The new one SUCKS b/c I can't hear it as easily back in the DJ booth and it makes my speaker sound like its fooked up.
  2. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #2  
    Heh, I think the other one was too loud.
    I wonder if getting MyNotifications... the earlier versions, and doing "reset defaults" would give you the older tones.

    But idk, sorry man.
  3. #4  
    Yeah I like the old one better, this new one has too much bass and its too quiet
  4. #5  
    i was looking for that, THANK YOU!
  5. #6  
    this new one sucks!!! what was palm thinking?
  6. #7  
    I hate this notification and being unable to change it. Makes the phone pretty worthless if you cant hear when someone is trying to get a hold of you. You did well Palm but you messed up big time on this..
  7. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by raberry View Post
    I hate this notification and being unable to change it. Makes the phone pretty worthless if you cant hear when someone is trying to get a hold of you. You did well Palm but you messed up big time on this..
    You can change it all you want! go Look for My Notification in the Homebrew Section
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  8. Jordus's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    #9  
    You shouldnt have to root the damn phone to change notification tones.

    Fix it palm.
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordus View Post
    You shouldnt have to root the damn phone to change notification tones.

    Fix it palm.
    I agree. This should be a standard feature, the same way choosing a specific ringtone for a caller. I wish they still allowed emailing .ipk files for installs.
  10. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordus View Post
    You shouldnt have to root the damn phone to change notification tones.

    Fix it palm.
    You don't have to root the phone.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  11. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    I agree. This should be a standard feature, the same way choosing a specific ringtone for a caller. I wish they still allowed emailing .ipk files for installs.
    You can pick a specific ringtone for a caller. You set it in the Contact.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  12. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Heh, I think the other one was too loud.
    I wonder if getting MyNotifications... the earlier versions, and doing "reset defaults" would give you the older tones.

    But idk, sorry man.
    No, doing this does not restore the "old" files, it just simply points the preference back to the original file (which has was apparently updated in the recent patch).
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  13. #14  
    New one sucks.
  14. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    You can pick a specific ringtone for a caller. You set it in the Contact.

    I know that, but I was stating that picking a new notification tone should be as easy.
  15. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    I know that, but I was stating that picking a new notification tone should be as easy.
    It is. Install the app and poof there it is.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  16. #17  
    Thought I would post some alternatives that I found. The second file contains the original Pre notification sound.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by remix2000; 07/25/2009 at 02:09 AM. Reason: to clarify which files has the original Pre Notification file.
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    _______________________________________________
    If You'd like to donate for my time on custom wallpaper and icon requests please use the link below. Donations are appreciated.
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=7304478
  17. #18  
    I never thought I would miss that old notification sound, lol. Guess you don't know what you've got till it's gone.
  18. IMethos's Avatar
    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    #19  
    new one is better
  19. #20  
    FWIW, I like the new one better, but liked Centro ones best, ringtones too. I'm patient though, apps will do more soon....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions