Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    AMEN to all of you for seeing that PALM let us all down when it came to the lack of a good PIM. PIM is what made PALM a player in the PDA world. I will admit that DateBk6 was an upgrade to the built in product, but it was made by the same company PIMLICO. Pre would be perfect in all respects but for this omission. I for one would pay again to have a DateBk6 product on my PRE.
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay69 View Post
    AMEN to all of you for seeing that PALM let us all down when it came to the lack of a good PIM. PIM is what made PALM a player in the PDA world. I will admit that DateBk6 was an upgrade to the built in product, but it was made by the same company PIMLICO. Pre would be perfect in all respects but for this omission. I for one would pay again to have a DateBk6 product on my PRE.
    Not sure where your information is coming from, but PIMLICO did not write the original built in Palm PIM. They licensed a "lite" version when the released the Treo 600, but their PIM existed long before that.

And, it was pretty rudimentary. Thus the need for DateBk, Agendus, and other similar programs that fleshed out the missing features.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Has anyone on this forum purchased and tried the new Pimlico DateBk6p - V-6.2, s0 for the Pre? If so, what do you think of it? I HAVE to get a decent calendar replacement asap. The one that comes with the pre is a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by PREtarted View Post
    Has anyone on this forum purchased and tried the new Pimlico DateBk6p - V-6.2, s0 for the Pre? If so, what do you think of it? I HAVE to get a decent calendar replacement asap. The one that comes with the pre is a joke.
    Saying it's "for the Pre" is something of a misnomer. It's for the Pre running the PalmOS emulator, and does not integrate with the native Palm calendar (or Synergy).
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    hparsons, that's ok by me if it will still "push" or synchronize the palmOS, or pimlico, calendar changes to google so my office can see the changes.

Hopefully I could then view the calendar on both the Classic emulated DatebookPlus calendar AND directly from a http://calendar.google.com web page on the webOS. I simply wouldn't use the native Pre calendar.

Do you know if it will do that?
    I am a German Palm user and have had Palm since the original one by US Robotics. I always loved the PIM functionality and the ability to search through all entries (the looking glass key).

The Pre is a great device and much better than my two previous Treos although battery life is still weak compared to say a Tungsten T3 and earlier devices.

But, how had the idea of such a slow unclear calender? And, no search functionality. Any PalmOS device with Datebook installed is leagues ahead.

Please return the search functionality to WebOS asap.

And, why are we in Germany still on WebOS 1.1.3 instead of 1.3.x?
    I doubt universal search will include calendar on further updates. Otherwise it would have already been included.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Among others and unless I am blind, I cannot seem to find a way to create an appointment (meeting) on my Pre and add attendees. This is also not possible on the Google calendars as well so far as I can tell. Can someone please confirm this for me either way so I know now whether to abandon ship or continue to love my Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by bradspace View Post
    Among others and unless I am blind, I cannot seem to find a way to create an appointment (meeting) on my Pre and add attendees. This is also not possible on the Google calendars as well so far as I can tell. Can someone please confirm this for me either way so I know now whether to abandon ship or continue to love my Pre?
    yes that is quite sad - would have used this function already a dozen times to call the attendee that i'm late: "calender notifiction pops up" - "press directly on attendee" - "call/sms him" - done.

Perhaps that's only possible on Outlook Exchange :
    Palm webOS ™ Phones for Business : Palm USA: Get to meetings on time with automatic calendar notifications, or notify attendees that you're running late with just one touch.3
    @ 0:37 Participants

wasn't there also a video of palm which said this notification would be done automagically by the pre when beiing late.... wasn't that one of the "PRE"-thinking abilities advertised.
    yup
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    yes that is quite sad - would have used this function already a dozen times to call the attendee that i'm late: "calender notifiction pops up" - "press directly on attendee" - "call/sms him" - done.

Perhaps that's only possible on Outlook Exchange :
    [url= webOS Phones for Business : Palm USA[/url]: Get to meetings on time with automatic calendar notifications, or notify attendees that you're running late with just one touch.3
    [url= - GOOD MORNING palm pre promo UK[/url] @ 0:37 Participants

wasn't there also a video of palm which said this notification would be done automagically by the pre when beiing late.... wasn't that one of the "PRE"-thinking abilities advertised.
    You can notify attendees, you cannot invite attendees. Agree that it is misleading to imply that attendees are fully implmented on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by PREtarted View Post
    I have been using Datebk6p for some time under Classic. With WebOS 1.3.1 Classic has become less stable. Sometimes opening Datebk6p within Classic causes a restart of the pre. Other times it is fine. If you use goosync (goosync.com) to synchronize your Datebk6 calendar with Google, you can synchronize with the Pre Calendar program. So the bottom line is that you get all the functionalilty of Datebk6, but it is less stable than it was on the Treo.
  13. LWI
    anyone knows if PALM has the intention to fix calendar so that one can invite diectly from the PRE ?
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    In addition to most of the other suggestions listed here, I would add that the date and time pickers are totally awful and need redesigning. After 14 years with a PalmOS device, I totally miss the simplicity of seeing a monthly calendar pop up, from which I could simply tap a date. To have to tap the month, scroll to the month I want, tap it, then tap the day, scroll to the day I want (through 30 options!), tap the day, and then repeat for the year in some cases is an ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS WASTE OF TIME (which takes even more time if you mistakenly tap the wrong choice at first).

Not only is the time picker similarly lame, the fact that I can only choose 5 minute increments is terrible, as is the sorry few choices I cam given for a reminder. And then to not even have a snooze feature? C'mon, Palm, this calendar's FUNCTIONALITY (the look is nice in many ways) is a step backwards.

One other MAJOR annoyance as well as time-waster...when I convert an "All day" event to a "Timed" event, naturally setting the start time first, the end time is automatically set to the following day and/or the end time is set to something like xx:59, making the event duration off. Then when I fix it, the start time gets backed up to xx:59, meaning I then have to fix THAT TOO. Unbelievably poorly designed.

My two cents...

ME
    Anyone seeing this issue again (in bold above)? Seems to have resurfaced again in 1.3.1 and is still acting flaky in 1.3.5. Additionally, once I finally do get an all day appt converted to a timed appt, it seems to add 59 seconds onto the appt in the description at the bottom of the date/time screen. For example, an appt that is from 3:00-3:30 (30 minutes) reads something like: "This appointment is 30 minutes and 59 seconds long." What the who-ha??

Who else is seeing this or anything similar to the behavior described above?
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    This week I had to delete two students from my schedule. In each case I was prompted:

Delete the entire series

or

Delete this event only

Since I want these items off my schedule, I only have one option....delete the entire series.

There goes the history of what I was doing every Monday night at 6:00 for the last 6 months.....etc. HOW FRUSTRATING!!!! Does anyone else care about this? I need my alibis...........jeez.

DJ
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    One other MAJOR annoyance as well as time-waster...when I convert an "All day" event to a "Timed" event, naturally setting the start time first, the end time is automatically set to the following day and/or the end time is set to something like xx:59, making the event duration off. Then when I fix it, the start time gets backed up to xx:59, meaning I then have to fix THAT TOO. Unbelievably poorly designed.
    Agreed. This is a problem I have noted since updating to 1.3.5 and continuing with 1.3.5.1. Attempting to set the calendar is not only frustrating, it is risky as well. The first few times I overlooked that the Pre had changed my date/time entries it caused havoc with my schedule. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by RRaburn; 01/11/2010 at 01:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I don't trust recurring events on the Pre at all, so I strictly update/maintain/delete them in a standard web browser via Google Calendar. There are way too many issues with calendar events on the Pre, especially timed recurring events. So my suggestion is the above until Palm fixes the calendar (i.e. re-write the whole thing so it works like Android!). The only things I do on the Pre with the calendar are: Add new single events (non-recurring), delete single events, and sometimes when I'm feeling bold/crazy/adventurous I'll actually MOVE an event to another day (of course with mixed results where the move doesn't actually reflect on Google Calendar, or vice versa). Ho hum...the calendar woes continue...

If you're interested, here's another thread that talks about events being 1 day off that happens from time to time:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...70#post2144370
    wow...trying to give webOS another try after ditching my Pre a week into it. Picked up a Pixi for my boss to see if he'd like it, and the calendar still sucks? What the heck? I might have to give him another android tutorial. And I was actually impressed for a moment (no pun intended) because the Pixi was so damn small AND it came from Palm.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwy62 View Post
    I have been using Datebk6p for some time under Classic. With WebOS 1.3.1 Classic has become less stable. Sometimes opening Datebk6p within Classic causes a restart of the pre. Other times it is fine. If you use goosync (goosync.com) to synchronize your Datebk6 calendar with Google, you can synchronize with the Pre Calendar program. So the bottom line is that you get all the functionalilty of Datebk6, but it is less stable than it was on the Treo.
    This is a great idea that allows me to continue using Datebk6 until something better comes along that is native for WebOS.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    wow...have to homebrew to have a simple agenda app? Still can't customize my reminders. Sometimes I need two hours, sometimes three, sometimes it's 2 days. Why is it limited? Categories? still? universal search is not universal. I don't always know Why can't I link a simple contact to an appt so I have a history of things they've done? Granted I did that with 3rd party on PalmOS, but those guys don't seem to have interest in webOS. And the reoccurring thing as others have mentioned. Have a bunch of those that I change, modify and delete and usually from the phone. But, gee, I can play 3d games now. Actually I can't because I'm trying to use a Pixi. Which I'm happy I can at least assign speed dials to the keyboard. That's a little reassuring.
    Last edited by crogs571; 01/25/2010 at 01:04 PM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast