Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I am just hanging on until the Hotsync upgrade for Classic is released. At thatpoint I will be going back to running Agendus if the problems are not resolved.

If you throw out all the gloss, the only thing better that the Pre does better than the Treo application wise is the Web Browser. If the PIM is much more critical, I recommend waiting on migrating to the Pre.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I had an old Sony Clie that ran PalmOS and it's calendar was BETTER than the Pres!! I am now a stay home Mom and I don't need the full functionality of a business calendar so much, but I'd be ticked if I did. I resent strongly that I am forced to use Google Calendars if I want to color code my stuff. I use Outlook exclusively on my computer for my calendar and have been using PocketMirror to synch and it really does work beautifully, but now they just started charging for it. I went on and bought it because it's working for me and I only need to synch with one computer. But if you wanted to sync between a home PC and your phone, and then go into work and sync w/ the calendar there as well, that won't work, because it only lets you sync to one computer. So either way, you can't win, really.

The crappy (IMO) Calendar on my old BB Curve was better than this, too.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    My biggest complaint is just how slow it is to render a day's events. It takes forever to come up.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Palm- Update the calendar!!! Allow all "colors" of the different calendars to be shown in Month View!!!!!!
    The calendar on the Pre blows!

I hate standing with a business associate, planning a meeting and spending as long as a minute waiting for the calendar to load. Then they say, "Dude, I thought that phone was supposed to be super awesome. Why's it taking so long?"

I hate flicking to through the next few days -- and again -- waiting several seconds for the calendar to load.

I hate editing an event and then watching the calendar app crash.

My biggest gripe? On my old Windows Mobile phone my Exchange calendar, my Outlook calendar at home and my "cloud" calander synced with each other. But the Pre will schedule the same event three times from each calendar. Hello!!! I don't need three entries for the same event. Did Palm ever hear of merging/linking? It works great in contacts.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Here's an interesting one:

I set an event for 2pm, 5 min alarm. I get the 5 min alarm, snooze it, then change the event to 2:30pm since I can't take care of it immediately.

At 2:05pm, I get another alarm for the 2:30pm event.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    The calendar app needs to be re-written. It just does not work well with Google Calendar. It's probably a good thing that they have not opened it up yet to Yahoo's calendar (and maybe this is why because of all the Google calendar issues). So frustrating...but I definitely like using mobile Google Calendar in the Pre's web browser. A MUCH better experience (IMHO).
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timmo View Post
    ...but I definitely like using mobile Google Calendar in the Pre's web browser. A MUCH better experience (IMHO).
    UPDATE
    Not all is well with mobile GCal. For some reason it won't get rid of events I deleted online when I view the same calendar on my Pre. I have even tried flushing the cache on the Pre to refresh the data, even tried a reset, but that had no effect. So I'm not sure if this is a Pre problem with the web browser in not being able to completely "refresh" the data (i.e. it's not truly purging the entire cache on the device), or if it's something on Google's servers causing this when viewing mobile GCal.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    So far my main peeve is not being able to have different color numbers for the dates in the monthly view. I hate not being able to see a holiday, birthday or other appointment by color quickly on the fly. Next update maybe. The search would be appreciated as well.
    I'm wondering why my contacts' birthdays aren't automatically showing up in the calendar.

Anyone know?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm wondering why my contacts' birthdays aren't automatically showing up in the calendar.

Anyone know?
    To my knowledge, the Pre does not show birthdays on the calendar from your contact details. You need to set them up as events on the calendar itself; or if you're using Google Calendar and Contacts, turn on the Birthdays calendar (see my earlier post above) under Settings for Google Calendar, and then select it as a calendar to display on your Pre.
    To my knowledge, the Pre does not show birthdays on the calendar from your contact details. You need to set them up as events on the calendar itself; or if you're using Google Calendar and Contacts, turn on the Birthdays calendar (see my earlier post above) under Settings for Google Calendar, and then select it as a calendar to display on your Pre.
    I did eventually find the answer by searching some more. Not sure why I missed your earlier post, but thanks for responding, anyway.
    I can verify first hand that they do not come up as I missed someone's Birthday.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    After I spent 45 mins manually entering in all by assignment due dates, THEY DON'T SHOW ON MY CALENDAR unless I click on the date. What the hell is the point? I set reminders but I don't want to find out a 1500 word research paper is due 5 days before its due. Terrible!
    i downloaded classic recently. Two things stood out: the virtual DPAD and datebk6. I'm trying my best to hold out till the end of Sept update with Docs2go and Flash. But sheesh this is killing me. As stated by another poster I hate creating a google calendar account just to use the pre calendar. I would hate to spend $30 just to use the calendar in classic.

Putting my contact/personal info on the cloud is a no go with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ION-q View Post
    Here's an interesting one:

I set an event for 2pm, 5 min alarm. I get the 5 min alarm, snooze it, then change the event to 2:30pm since I can't take care of it immediately.

At 2:05pm, I get another alarm for the 2:30pm event.
    Clear the alarm instead of snooze.
    I miss being able to pick which calendars on Google I want to view on my phone.

I used to have a Centro with Google calendar and goosync. I have 7 different calendars on Google. There are some calendars that I want to access only on my desktop (i.e. calendars for other organizations that I help to maintain). I usually keep this calendars "hidden".

With goosync, I could pick which calendars I wanted to sync with my Centro. Now all my calendars are on my Pre and it is just too busy.

Is there a way to only sync a few calendars (i.e. my personal calendar, my wife's calendar and the family one) ?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    Is there a way to only sync a few calendars (i.e. my personal calendar, my wife's calendar and the family one) ?
    Menu / Preferences & Accounts / click on Google account / Select the On/Off button next to each calendar for the ALL CALENDARS view. Then on the Calendar app select "ALL" and only those you turned "On" will appear.

It's all donkey-slow though...donkey donkey donkey...
    Mine doesn't take forever to load. I'm surprised anyone's does. Maybe you have more entries than I do. Or maybe you need a new Pre.
    Menu / Preferences & Accounts / click on Google account / Select the On/Off button next to each calendar for the ALL CALENDARS view. Then on the Calendar app select "ALL" and only those you turned "On" will appear.

It's all donkey-slow though...donkey donkey donkey...
    Strange...

My calendar seems to take forever to load too. The first time I tried the above, all I had where 2 buttons on my screen: "change login settings" and "remove account".

I tried again (clicking on Google) and it finally brought up my calendars. I was able to turn off a bunch...Thanks!
    I soooo desperately want my DateBk back. I've lost 7 years worth of brain cells by changing over to Pre. I pray PIMLICO decides to bring DateBk to the WebOS. The PIM in the Pre is like having a Ferrari with a cheap radio. UGH!
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast