Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I just don't like it that I can't add participants to events I create in any calendar on the phone. I could do that on my old Mogul, so I was sad to see that missing here.
    For me it, the event entry and navigation are too slow and fiddly for scheduling something on the go.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Liz is Spot on if you go to Google calendar online you can create seperate calendars, Assign diff. colors, ectt. Works fine for me I prefer inputting Calendar events on my desktop
    The "multi color google calendars" solution is a nice temporary fix, but something that should never have been necessary. We also need colors (or icons) in the Monthly view, and, most importantly, a monthly (or weekly) pop-up view for changing appt days, as well as significant speed improvements when swiping from day to day. Right now I'm having to jot paper notes, and transcribe them onto my Pre when I have the necessary few mins. No busy professional in their right mind would stick with the Pre if Palm can't deliver such basic PDA functions. 3rd party developers can expand on those basic functions, but I'll be d*mned if I'm going to have to pay for every basic function my Treo had from Day 1. C'mon Palm, at least tell us you're working on these issues!
    Flat out the biggest flaw in the Pre is the calender. PALM not using DateBk is killing me. PIMLICO makes DateBk, and they say they will not do the program for Web OS until they see if it'll be more than a niche product. I have over 8 years of PIM info sitting on my PALM desktop that is basically an archive for me. If PALM was anything it was a PIM/PDA and to not keep that identity is a crime against every PALM lover out there.
  5.    #25  
    I think I will have to try to set up a couple of google calander accounts to see how that goes for now.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Most important for me -- searching!

Second most important -- being able to sync events to more than one calendar independently of each other (although that's not something I could do with my previous Palms, either). I want to put my vacation days on my family calendar AND my work calendar, so my coworkers can see when I'm out of the office, but I really don't want my coworkers to be able to see when I'm going to see my shrink, or getting a pedicure.... :-0

Next, Having an actual monthly calendar view when seting an appointment's date, instead of the scroll menus for the month, day and year. Having the little calendar to pick a date let me see what day of the week something was on.

Finally, colors in month view. I used to use a lighter shade of whatever color for penciled in events, and changed to darker for events that were firmed up. I'm getting by without that, though, by using Liz's technique, along with weaning myself off of using colors so much.
    I'd also like to have a 12 month calendar view, to see the entire year.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I would like to be able to go to the right day and punch in the time 11:20 for example and have it make the appointment for that time. I think my Treo used to be able to do that.
    How the heck could they leave searching out? When McNamee says he uses it as his everyday device for managing work, he must mean that his personal assistant keeps track of his itenary for him in her Treo 700p.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I agree that there are some features missing in the 1.0 version of the WebOS calendar. The 2 big ones for me right now are adding people to meetings and searching. I have found a easy working around for searching and that is just using the browser to go to Google Calendar.

At the end of the day even with features missing, the Pre Calendar is still the only one in the world that can sync with and display multiple Google Calendars and multiple Exchange Calendars. Its just a matter of time before the missing features are added.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    The blocked out times in the month view are only gray when "All Calendars" is selected. Once you pick a specific calendar from the drop list, it highlights the color on top of all other calendars, which remain gray. The same is true in day and week views. It is true that all day events don't show in month view. My wife shares her work schedule calendar with me, but rather than create all day events on the days she works, I have her put the hours in spite of her always working a fixed 12 hr shift. I then set that calendar so that it does not display in "All Calendar" view. Then when I want to see what days she works in the month view, I can just select that calendar, which causes those days to highlight in the designated calendar color. Perhaps this example can provide a temporary fix in some circumstances.
    So far my main peeve is not being able to have different color numbers for the dates in the monthly view. I hate not being able to see a holiday, birthday or other appointment by color quickly on the fly. Next update maybe. The search would be appreciated as well.
    The calendar blows! Mine takes 45 seconds to load. That's ridiculous. After all, we're talking about time management here... and the Pre doesn't make managing your time very easy.

I'm still not sure why anyone would want multiple calanders (Exchange, Google) if they can't sync up with each other.

If I'm at work looking at my Exchange calander in Outlook, it doens't contain my Google calander.

If I'm on Google, I can't see my work appointments.

Doesn't this completely defeat the purpose of having a calander?

So, I have to enter appointments TWICE! Not very intuitive.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    I wish notifications for upcoming events and all day events would stay on the screen in a discreet manor like they did on the WM Today Screen.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    me too, the load time is ridiculous and may be a deal breaker. i'm still within my 30 day trial
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Calendar needs an overview that is easily/quickly viewable that shows the next 2-5 upcoming events even if they are on different days. This would be very nice if it were shown on the "Lock Screen" of the phone
    I don't yet own a Pre, but I am close to making a switch.

I'm just curious about what kind of calendar/contact desktop software people are using?

I tried syncing outlook to google calendar, but it only sync'd my appointments (NO tasks OR contacts).

Is there any type of desktop software that can sync EVERYTHING and keep all the items in one spot? (e.g. tasks, contacts, appointments etc.). I have yet to hear whether anyone has used thunderbird.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badchad View Post
    I don't yet own a Pre, but I am close to making a switch.

I'm just curious about what kind of calendar/contact desktop software people are using?

I tried syncing outlook to google calendar, but it only sync'd my appointments (NO tasks OR contacts).

Is there any type of desktop software that can sync EVERYTHING and keep all the items in one spot? (e.g. tasks, contacts, appointments etc.). I have yet to hear whether anyone has used thunderbird.
    The Pre syncs with the Google Calendar / Email wireless at all times. However, it only syncs appointments, contacts, and email. No tasks.
    I noticed an issue that may be related to passing through time zones. I'm syncing with Google calendar only, and noticed that many (all?) of the all-day events that I created on my Pre became two-day events, coincidentally or not, after passing (driving) through time zone changes. The starting day was the correct day, and the next day became added. It didn't seem to change (become 2-day) on Google, just on my Pre.

Regards,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    No software comes with the Pre, you have to use Outlook or Google calendars and contacts within your Gmail. This fact pisses me off.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast