Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post

I think my problem is that I went thru the activation process before I had the EV symbol in the corner.

That's exactly what happened. I was so happy that I got my pre that I turned it on and started the process before I even called sprint to activate it. The steps I listed above should work.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Thanks dre3k2, I'll try that as soon as I can get ahold of a service rep.

vtecbrown - I read somewhere where a guy also had to do a reset in ##data# Not sure if that will help you or not.
    Doing a ##RTN# and resetting the device after the port is complete should fix the issue. The Pre will not allow you to finish setup unless there is an active signal and the device has automatically programmed itself. The Pre cannot be manually programmed like other devices. If the port is not through yet however, it will still refuse to program itself, amnd won't let you use it.

This was one of the reasons they stopped selling the Pre through Telesales for a while, the Pre has a specific process it goes through for setup, retail reps had training on that process specifically to ensure the easiest transition. Care and chat reps on the other hand might not have that same mandatory training requirement, just a KMS article to look at which they might not all know about.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    I had this problem last night. MSL reset through level 2 tech support did it. Plus you get your MSL code. I wish I had found this out before walking around Hawaii lookin for nextwork. lmao. I did a hard restart to clear up some coding errors after the upgrade, turned back on and no EV. I didn't realize this until later(on vacation so phones my only internet)
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    i had this problem on a replacement phone i recieved from the insurance company. i had to get another phone and it worked. one thing with my problem was my login name and password were corrupted on sprints side. cause when i activated my old phone back when i couldnt get the pre activated i had no internet. dont know if that caused the problem activating the pre or not. didnt want to try the pre again cause it had dead pixs right out of the box so i lucked out there
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    OP:
    How is the quality of the phone you got from Sprint.com? Oreo at all?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bartz View Post
    OP:
    How is the quality of the phone you got from Sprint.com? Oreo at all?

That made me think of another question.

I got my phone from a sprint rep for free (shhhh! )... and the build quality is excellent. The battery life isn't too bad either. It gets me through a day.
    This phone was one of the first batch of pres to go out.. I think the sprint rep I got it from got it maybe 2 weeks before launch. Does this mean that manufacture date doesn't effect build quality? Was there just a bad batch of pres that got out? I've heard an awful lot of build and battery issues surrounding the pre's on this forum.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    THANK YOU FOR THE HELP! ##786# with my MSL worked like a charm!

The build quality of my Pre from Sprint.com is EXCELLENT! Phone feels solid, keyboard is great, and there is no oreo effect. Couldn't be happier so far!
    P.S. if you need your MSL just chat with a sprint rep and tell them you need to reset your data profile. Took 5 minutes to get mine and I was on my way!
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    THANK YOU FOR THE HELP! ##786# with my MSL worked like a charm!

The build quality of my Pre from Sprint.com is EXCELLENT! Phone feels solid, keyboard is great, and there is no oreo effect. Couldn't be happier so far!
    Hey JTH, what version of webOS came on your phone?
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub2027 View Post
    Hey JTH, what version of webOS came on your phone?
    1.04 or however the correct numbering for that was. I had to update to 1.1 myself.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    1.04 or however the correct numbering for that was. I had to update to 1.1 myself.
    Did you do a partial erase to get the new Calender reminder functionality?
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub2027 View Post
    Did you do a partial erase to get the new Calender reminder functionality?
    I just did it through the Updates app, so I'm guessing no. How do you do a partial erase? I probably don't want to do that now that I have everything set up the way I want, huh?
    HUGE THANKS to everyone in this thread!!

I highly doubt I would've gotten my 2nd hand Pre activated without everyone that posted here!

I got it off of Ebay, with a clear ESN and was having trouble all day and Sprint Tech support was clueless.

I finally got a great tech on the phone and she wasn't giving up and with her and all the info here, I now have a working Pre and I am already in love!

I know this isn't a super recent thread, but had to post about this anyway.

Everyone who has trouble getting their phone to connect to the Sprint network, when trying to activate and set it up should have to read this!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12