Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    So I am happy with just about every part of 1.1....

So I used to have system "sounds" off, and I could hear when I got a new text or reminder fine. But NOW after the update, I have to keep system sounds ON so I can hear reminders.... Now I checked to make sure I didn't have the mute button on (slider) and I didn't. Checked twice. It is SO annoying. I hate system sounds, the woosh, clicking etc. But I need to be able to hear my reminders.

Am I missing something? I KNOW this changed with 1.1, I always had system sounds off, now I have to have them on

Mario
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I'm with you. Just grudgingly accepted that I have to hear stupid swooshes if I want sms sounds. Not happy at all.
    Are you talking about calendar reminders? If so, have you checked the calendar preferences? There is a switch to turn on event reminder sounds. Setting this slider to ON with the system sounds slider OFF still allows calendar reminders to play their sound for me in 1.1.

It's an interesting UI design choise, but I've found that the system sound setting really doesn't control that much and that each individual app is responsible for it's own sound settings. So I would think that even with the system sounds off, you can turn notification sounds on for any application in that applications preferences.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpbackes View Post
    ...Setting this slider to ON with the system sounds slider OFF still allows calendar reminders to play their sound for me in 1.1
    You know what's the MOST annoying 1.1 issue for me? A calendar notification when I'm talking on the phone It's so freaking loud I have to apologize to the person I'm talking too...
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco