Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    So guys... after the 1.1 update, I tried web browsing.

Well, no more checkerboards when zoomed out.
    When I zoom in a lot, then I do see checkerboards, but they clear out fast.

How's everyone else's web browsing after 1.1?
    Browsing seems much faster after 1.1. Of course I've only tried it on WiFi. But page rendering is definitely improved.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Definitely less checkerboards. Palm is making progress. Too bad for the checker fans..
    checkerboarding is when you scroll and the pre needs to catch up and you see the white/grey checkerboard?

my ipod touch does that, so i thought that is what they did when you scrolled.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Much faster now
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega33 View Post
    Much faster now
    Agreed. I see far less checkerboard when i'm browsing the web. I still see a little bit sometimes, but overall it was greatly improved.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Agreed. I see far less checkerboard when i'm browsing the web. I still see a little bit sometimes, but overall it was greatly improved.
    Yeah I still see it too sometimes but even when there is some checkerboarding it loads in super fast now.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    It's much better. Websites that wouldn't render properly or wouldn't work at all now work.
    Scrolling is a little smoother in the browser and checkerboarding does fill a little faster but is still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Scrolling is a little smoother in the browser and checkerboarding does fill a little faster but is still there.
    Agreed. I queued up a bunch of different blogs for my train ride in the morning and it's definitely still present. There might be a bit less of it now, but it's not enough to annoy me anyway.

I do wish there was an option to switch back to the old browser font though. I thought that was easier to read than the Pre's font, which works fine everywhere else.