Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    or can you really not delete a facebook contact from the Pre once it's there?
  2. SPEE's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #2  
    how about a search , then post
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEE View Post
    how about a search , then post
    sorry, got trigger happy
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEE View Post
    how about a search , then post

    wow that is incredible... A forum NAZI already with only 10 post.



    To answer your question. No, not at this time.

    But yea, you should always search for your questions 1st. A lot of times they have already been answered.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    or can you really not delete a facebook contact from the Pre once it's there?
    Actually, this is really not correct. The Pre is reading information from Facebook. It's an "all or nothing" offering. You can "delete" them (cause them not to show) by removing the Facebook account.

    However, you cannot delete (or add to) Facebook friends from the Pre. That's by design.
  6. #6  
    You have to delete the contact from Facebook not from the Pre. It may be a facebook limitation in that facebook won't two way sync with your pre, where as Gmail will.
  7. #7  
    You can delete the contact by going into your facebook account and removing them as a friend.

    The facebook contacts is not an import, it syncs with it. Its kinda the whole point of it. If they let you pick and choose then how would it know what to add when it syncs?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    You have to delete the contact from Facebook not from the Pre. It may be a facebook limitation in that facebook won't two way sync with your pre, where as Gmail will.
    Well of course not. Facebook is read only. You can't go and change a Friend's information on facebook, you can only view what they decide to make public or available to friends.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Well of course not. Facebook is read only. You can't go and change a Friend's information on facebook, you can only view what they decide to make public or available to friends.
    Actually I meant more 2 way syncing to removing adding facebook friends, but from what you pointed out it makes total sense as to why facebook wouldn't enable 2 way sync.
  10. #10  
    I'd rather have the zillions of one-contact-ever email addresses sucked in from my Gmail go away.

    My problem with Facebook data is that my friend changed his cell phone number a couple of weeks ago, but for some reason FB is still showing the old one though he says he updated it. Since it's non-editable, I've got to make sure I hit the right one when calling, kinda defeating the purpose.

    "With Synergy, you will automatically have all sorts of random, incorrect data gathered in one place!" Yeah, that slogan will sell some Pres.
  11. Omega33's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    sorry, got trigger happy
    Don't be sorry lol. SPEE's response is what i would call an ******* post ( the post, not the person don't want anyone getting upset)

    andrewhughes86's post is how a normal person would reply, gave you your answer but also pointed out that is a good idea to do a search first.
  12. zacarias's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #12  
    I am a fan of the search feature as well, but not a fan of being a thread necromancer. As others have said, no.. :-)
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega33 View Post
    Don't be sorry lol. SPEE's response is what i would call an ******* post ( the post, not the person don't want anyone getting upset)

    andrewhughes86's post is how a normal person would reply, gave you your answer but also pointed out that is a good idea to do a search first.
    Hehe, thanks. I'm no stranger to forums. I knew I would get flamed when I posted it, but like I said, just got a little trigger happy.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    or can you really not delete a facebook contact from the Pre once it's there?
    No, you can't delete them but you can clean them up if you want. I just posted a thread on how that is possible with linking. Here is the link (http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1776209)

Posting Permissions