Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I'm not a programmer so I don't understand the benefit to Palm of disabling the web browser capability of opening a web link in a new card. This was a very helpful browsing feature to me and now it's gone.

I can see how an update might accidentally break features of 3rd party software and especially hacks, but why would Palm kill a worthwhile feature of their own like this? Was there a down side? Was this somehow a security issue? (sarcasm) I'm just a bit lost on their logic...

Insights?
    Sometimes software changes introduce bugs in existing code. It may have been an oversight that it no longer works.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Here's a question. What would have happened if you went to one of those nefarious websites that opens up a never ending list of new windows. Would your phone crash?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Yeah, it's really annoying! I usually do a search on Google and open some of the results in a new tab (or card). It saves a lot of going back and forth.

I don't know. Maybe they don't know how to do it in a user friendly way. In WinMo Opera you could hold the link, you get the round dots and a option to open in a new tab. That was perfect..
    You would think they would make it easier to use (i.e. just hold the orange key) but I can't understand dropping the feature entirely.
    Here is my theory, A) they accidentally removed it in updating the code for 1.1, B) it was tied to the bug that resulted in multiple browser windows getting opened and so they disabled the feature in attempts at publicly troubleshooting the difference between with it enable and disabled, or C) a new bug has broken the ability to use the shortcut.
    or they take a page from apple and implement a better non-keyboard centric way of doing it. I love the keyboard, but if I'm browsing to read, i don't want to have to slide it and change viewing orientation.
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    or they take a page from apple and implement a better non-keyboard centric way of doing it. I love the keyboard, but if I'm browsing to read, i don't want to have to slide it and change viewing orientation.
    How about gesture area + link? Save as copy/cut/paste. I feel like they should be using the gesture area more often for shortcuts like that. I was gonna try and see if I could figure out how to change it from orange+sym+link to just gesture+link, but now that it doesn't work at all, I can't really look in to that.