Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I hope one of you knowledgeable folks can help me understand roaming. I can assume that the Pre has some kind of software that tells the phone when to go into "roaming" mode. How is this determined? Can it be manipulated through the code? It appears that my phone will hang onto 1 or no bars and never kick into "roaming" mode. I was hoping with all the homebrews out there they will be able to increase the quickness it takes to kick in roaming mode someday.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by capp81 View Post
    I hope one of you knowledgeable folks can help me understand roaming. I can assume that the Pre has some kind of software that tells the phone when to go into "roaming" mode. How is this determined? Can it be manipulated through the code? It appears that my phone will hang onto 1 or no bars and never kick into "roaming" mode. I was hoping with all the homebrews out there they will be able to increase the quickness it takes to kick in roaming mode someday.
    I don't know if this suits your needs, but it did mine. Here's a how-to for manually enabling a "Roam Only" option on the Pre.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...only-mode.html

I find it very useful when I'm in areas with weak Sprint signal for extended periods. It'll keep the phone from trying to find the Sprint signal. I just turn it back to "Automatic" mode when I'm back in a strong Sprint area.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marioc View Post
    I don't know if this suits your needs, but it did mine. Here's a how-to for manually enabling a "Roam Only" option on the Pre.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...only-mode.html

I find it very useful when I'm in areas with weak Sprint signal for extended periods. It'll keep the phone from trying to find the Sprint signal. I just turn it back to "Automatic" mode when I'm back in a strong Sprint area.
    Thanks
    Your better off doing the changes manually vs the script because of new data in those files.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLI… NR70v>CLI… TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.