Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Mine got worse as well but still day to day on this issue. For the first time ever, (after 1.1), it dropped from approx 90% to less than 30% in no more than 2 hours with nothing running!
    That same day it did a soft reset on it's own and I read others having that same issue but not sure if that's battery related. I actually had to pull the battery after that too. When it finally finished resetting itself, the launcher menu was kinda stuck between the next page and the icons were unresponsive.
    I also noticed that from my wall charger it charges much slower than it use to..?
    14 hours and still going strong....

I used my phone a lot today. Heavy on the net, text, etc. It's been 14 hours and I'm at 40%.

I'm now happy with my battery life.!.!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    How would it drop when its charging??
    Mine used to drop while charging in the car. I've stated before that I felt there was potentially an issue with the firmware related to the battery.

Although, since the update, I've had no charging issues what-so-ever. And in fact my phone has been charging faster and my battery life has not suffered the least
    I used to get around 36 hours before the upgrade, now I barely make get 24 hours. Are they using more power to try and get more speed? Not very happy after the upgrade. I hope they fix it soon.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Ive noticed worse battery performance after 1.1 =(

Before: 7am - 12am , two quick websites (w/wifi), 2 - 3min calls, down to 92%
    Now: 7am - 12:30pm , missed call, (Nothing!!), down to 89%
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    My battery life has not gotten any better after a couple of days since the update. If anything it's gotten worse and I don't know why.
    Same here... I used to be able to get through the day easily, usually about 12-14 hours of battery life... this weekend the battery has been terrible. I'll be able to really tell tomorrow when I go back to work, but if it doesn't at least get back to making it through the day without being charged, I'm going to have to go back to Sprint and have something done.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by forsethc View Post
    ...but if it doesn't at least get back to making it through the day without being charged, I'm going to have to go back to Sprint and have something done.
    I'm not sure what Sprint can do except move you to a different phone. I was planning on buying a higher capacity battery (still fits with original TouchStone compatible back cover, see the link in my signature for details on a discounted group buy) but I'm somewhat hopeful that this update is just forcing the battery to recalibrate and that we'll be seeing more reasonable battery life soon.
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
    more steady
    before the update once my battery life hit 50% it would drop faster now it feels like it more steady more accurate
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    After 1.1 my battery seems to last longer, hard to tell. I was on vacation in So Cal when the update came out and not in my normal 905 routine .I updated it on Thursday night and used it all day Friday in Knotts Berry Farm, didn't have a full charge when I left so I didn't bother with battery life testing. Pulled it off the charger on Saturday morning at 9-ish and used it mostly for email and web stuff, forgot to charge it that night and driving back to Nor Cal on Sunday around 4pm it beeped with it's 20% battery left warning.
    I ended up disabling roaming and that seems to have stopped the phone heating up and killing the battery for the most part. I suppose that solution will work since I pretty good Sprint coverage for the most part.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Yep, worse.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    My battery has been fine....I go wifi whenever possible, i shut down the screen after a use, and with moderate calls and web access, I can squeeze two days out of a charge.
    I'll throw a little more in the mix. First, my experience was much the same as many of you on here. I initially (6/6/09) had battery issues that steadily improved. Didn't notice any real difference with 1.03 or 1.04. However, 1.1 really seemed to drag my battery down quicker.

I also noticed that when not using the phone, instead of the screen going blank, it would show the time just like it was on a Touchstone. I simply wrote that off (mentally) to some sort of change in 1.1.

Yesterday, I used Pandora and Sprint Navigation (showing off for my wife with her new BT enabled Ford Escape) right after church. By the time we made it to the resturant, it was below 40%. Some of the kids at the resurant had never seen a Pre and wanted to check it out. By the time they were done (lots of camera use, lots of Sprint TV, and Internet), it was down to 10%. About 5 minutes later, it shut down.

However, when I got home and recharged it (haven't had to that in the middle of the day in a while), I noticed that it no longer showed the time when it wasn't in use.

I don't know if something was "stuck", or what, but figured the clock thing was worth mentioning. I too hope (and really expect) that the battery will improve after a few days.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Today I did a test again (the same test I've been doing since I got the phone, noting in an excel spreadsheet my battery life at certain points during the day) to see how my battery was draining. This time, I restarted the phone right after taking it off the charger this morning to ensure nothing was running (I usually have at least tweed running all day, sometimes others)

Today I took it off the charger at 8:34, rebooted it (which took 2% of the battery). So at 8:37 my battery was at 98%, now at 6:03 it is at 82%. OVERWHELMINGLY the best battery life I've ever seen. Just over .5%/hr, whereas usually I was somewhere around 7-9%/hr...

I guess I'll just monitor Twitter on my computer all day, not my phone!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    I'm not sure what Sprint can do except move you to a different phone. I was planning on buying a higher capacity battery (still fits with original TouchStone compatible back cover, see the link in my signature for details on a discounted group buy) but I'm somewhat hopeful that this update is just forcing the battery to recalibrate and that we'll be seeing more reasonable battery life soon.
    When I said 'have something done,' I was referring to getting the phone replaced. I have seen users reporting excellent battery life (like 60% at the end of the day) and think that the wide variance can't be just a fluke, there must be quality issues with the phone/battery, and that a replacement might fix it.

But as I posted above, today my battery life has been amazing, so we'll see.
    I took my phone off the touchstone this morning at 7:30am. It is now 4:15pm and the battery is at 96%. I am so mad. I'm losing 0.46% every hour!! Oh the insanity.

My battery has been fine. No problems at all.

Today I took it off the charger at 8:34, rebooted it (which took 2% of the battery). So at 8:37 my battery was at 98%, now at 6:03 it is at 82%. OVERWHELMINGLY the best battery life I've ever seen. Just over .5%/hr, whereas usually I was somewhere around 7-9%/hr...
    I'm really considering this, but it must be something software related and not with the hardware, at least in my phones case. My battery would last all day before the 1.10 update. Now it's very sporadic, it will be fine for a while, then drain really quickly.

When I said 'have something done,' I was referring to getting the phone replaced. I have seen users reporting excellent battery life (like 60% at the end of the day) and think that the wide variance can't be just a fluke, there must be quality issues with the phone/battery, and that a replacement might fix it.

But as I posted above, today my battery life has been amazing, so we'll see.
    My data point:

After turning off BlueTooth, GPS and WiFi and then charging the phone to full capacity on my Touchstone, the phone would drop to 72% while completely idle in one hour.
    I just drove back from Vegas (about 4.5 hours) and the phone received 4 or 5 texts and a few IMs. Nothing was sent and the phone was out of service for a good chunk of the desert.
    The battery was completely dead about 3 hours into the trip.

I just returned that phone (it was an Oreo sufferer as well) and got another one, so we'll see if there is any difference.
    last night, around 3am, with about 50% battery life left, i decided to not charge my batter to gauge how good/bad my battery life is in standby mode. i signed of AIM, no bluetooth, have no wifi at home so that was off, and everything else needed to conserve battery.

by chance i woke up around 8am and found that it was at 7%! after 5 hours on standby; i did receive 2 emails from google and a text message but that shouldnt hinder it too much.

BUT the strange thing is that after the update, leaving my AIM signed ON actually improves my battery life. obviously prior to the update their was in issue with the IM client, but now its completely different. i lose about 2 to 3% per ~30min in standby time so i would have lost 20-30% under the same conditions last night.

im probably in the minority here but i had to share my thoughts on battery life post-update
  20.    #100  
    Since I started this thread last week I drained the battery to less than 10% twice and recharged on the touchstone both times. I did not see any improvement in battery life from doing these full discharge/charge cycles, but I started using the wall charger for a few days and things started returning to "normal", which was pretty good IMO before 1.1 updated.

Last night I went back to the touchstone overnight, and today the battery is better than it has ever been! I took it off the charger at 4:45, spent a solid 30 minutes on email and browsing (mostly browsing), and have used it a few times for email since. It is now after 8 and I am at 94%. GPs is on, and Exchange mail set to get mail every hour.

Sorry to be so long worded, there is a definite improvement in batt life following the calibration, and it now exceeds any life I had before 1.1. What I can't tell for sure is if using the touchstone or the wall cable made any difference in how the calibration adjusted, or if it was simply the total charge/discharge cycles that led to the end result.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast