1.    #1  
    Forgive my ignorance. The Pre is my first real "smart" phone, so this isn't something I've ever had to consider. I'm going on vacation this weekend and I've put several appointments in my Google calendar for different shows I'll be seeing and other planned activities. Of course, my Pre has them all on board.

But, I scheduled them at the times they will be in the other time zone (i.e., we'll be seeing a show at 9pm, so I put it in at 9pm, even though it will be 10p in my home time zone where I'm at now).

When I get off the plane and turn the phone on, I expect it will reset it's clock to the local time. Is the Pre going to try to outsmart me and shift all my appointments by one hour to "correct" for my time zone hop, or will it leave them where I put them?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    No your appointments time will not shift nor does your alarm time. Only the clock on the Pre will adjust to the local time.
    On my Pre, when I change time zones my calendar appointments all move. Try changing your time zones manually to see what I mean.

The only workaround that I have found is to disable both of the automatic time adjusting options when I travel (look in the Date & Time adjustments). Then set your home time zone manually and leave it there, and set the time manually. This will keep your calendar, and the normal clock/alarms working properly. (I keep the automatic things on while in my home time zone.) See my post here where I describe the problem and ask for solutions:

Is it possible to get both the time and calendar right at the same time?
    Last edited by redhat; 07/24/2009 at 08:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    No your appointments time will not shift nor does your alarm time. Only the clock on the Pre will adjust to the local time.
    False
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Easiest thing to do is to enter your appointments using the time zone that you are using. That is, if the event is taking place at 10PM eastern time, and you are currently using eastern time, then enter the event as 10pm. When you travel to central time, the event will appear on the calendar as 9pm.

Hopefully in the future a feature will be added that allows the user to choose which time zone they are entering events in. Currently, doing the conversion in your head *while entering the event* is the best way.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. I've got about six different things, so I'll shift them all by an hour this afternoon so I'll be "on time" after I arrive tomorrow.