Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    7am rolled around this morning and my trusty iPhone started beeping away to remind me of a recurring event in my Exchange calendar while the Pre just sat there. Looks like calendar event reminders are still broke in 1.1. Come on Palm, fix this already. How do you expect to have a serious business device when it can't even remind you of an event??????? This has been a serious bug since 1.0 of the webOS. the bug seems to only affect recurring events. I can make a quick one-time event and it will fire off normally (usually).
  2. nilemann's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post
    7am rolled around this morning and my trusty iPhone started beeping away to remind me of a recurring event in my Exchange calendar while the Pre just sat there. Looks like calendar event reminders are still broke in 1.1. Come on Palm, fix this already. How do you expect to have a serious business device when it can't even remind you of an event??????? This has been a serious bug since 1.0 of the webOS. the bug seems to only affect recurring events. I can make a quick one-time event and it will fire off normally (usually).
    I bought my Pre on release day and have never had any problems with notifications from my Exchange account ... they've been right on with 1.01, 1.02, 1.04, and still all good with 1.1. Try checking your notification settings and time settings (really not being condescending at all - just trying to help).
  3. #3  
    Iphone a serious business device? Ha ha, good joke for the day. And you must be by yourself cause I havent missed a notification since day one.
  4. #4  
    No issue with notifications here. Single, recurring, all the alarms go off when they're supposed to. I wish they'd repeat every five minutes until you dismiss them, like they did on my Treo, but that's another matter.


    EDIT: I stand corrected. Notifications for recurring events are no longer working for me, as of the 1.1 update. My morning gym appointment reminder did not go off today. It always has before.
    Last edited by ABBlockhead; 07/24/2009 at 08:16 AM.
  5. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #5  
    Did someone say notification sound?
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  6. larnapp's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #6  
    Besides the calendar being sorely lacking in features overall, the reminders have been quite weak. They seem to work for me but there are far too many reasons I've stumbled across when they WON'T work.

    For instance, if I have a morning reminder set to wake me up at 5am, with the Clock app as a backup at 5:15, the 5am alarm won't chime until 5:15 when it goes off simultaneously with the Clock's alarm. HOWEVER, if it's the other way around and I have the Clock app set to ring at 5:00am and the Calendar appointment set to beep at 5:15am, THAT works and they both beep at their respective correct times.

    But here's one I HATE... If I set an appointment with an alarm reminder and have a ton of notes in the note field of that Calendar event, if the alarm goes off and I open the event details to look at the attached note, the Calendar alert KEEPS GOING OFF, EVEN AFTER NUMEROUS DISMISSES. IT JUST KEEPS COMING BACK. Then if I dismiss the alarm and close the event, if I happen to reopen the event details to look once again at the attached notes (for example, during the actual meeting and well after the reminder has beeped and been dismissed) the freaking thing starts beeping again! It's like I'm being reprimanded for leaving the event details screen open.

    This has happened in every version from 1.0.1 to the new 1.1.

    Oh, and I forgot to mention that, if I set any lead time for a reminder in Google OTHER THAN A PALM PRE "OFFICIAL" PRESET ALARM TIME, it won't work. I tried setting zero and 2 and 20 minute alerts back at version 1.0.4 and none of them beeped. (Hopefully the zero will work now because of the 1.1 update.)
    Last edited by larnapp; 07/24/2009 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Remembered another bug.
  7. nilemann's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    For instance, if I have a morning reminder set to wake me up at 5am, with the Clock app as a backup at 5:15, the 5am alarm won't chime until 5:15 when it goes off simultaneously with the Clock's alarm. HOWEVER, if it's the other way around and I have the Clock app set to ring at 5:00am and the Calendar appointment set to beep at 5:15am, THAT works and they both beep at their respective correct times.[/I]
    Lets not forget this is a "smart" device. If you set your alarm for 5:15am, it makes sence that it wouldn't wake the phone prior to that time ... defeating the purpose of the alarm time. Again, all of my alarms have always been right on but I don't use the alarm/clock function and turn system sounds off when at home (when I'm at home ... I'm not at work (I know ...) so it doesn't really matter. I have very separate home and business lives and desperately strive to keep them that way.
  8. #8  
    My notifications have always worked? Maybe you need to do a device reset? Oo
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
  9. eharty's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    #9  
    I have had 2 Pre's and have always found the calendar notifications totally unreliable. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Also, it seems that during syncs with Outlook and Google, recurring events get notifications turned off some times.
  10. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #10  
    My notifications have been flaky since day 1 as well. However, I have noticed this interesting angle: I sync my Pre to Google Calendar, but I use Google's Outlook --> Google Calendar sync tool so I can sync my work appointments to my personal Google calendar. The appointments that consistently have problems are the ones that got synced from Outlook.

    Has anyone else noticed this? (does anyone else use Google's outlook sync tool?)
  11. larnapp's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nilemann View Post
    Lets not forget this is a "smart" device. If you set your alarm for 5:15am, it makes sence that it wouldn't wake the phone prior to that time ... defeating the purpose of the alarm time.
    I'm hoping you're just kidding around or trying somehow to give Palm engineers the benefit of the doubt.

    I can't imagine anyone really suggesting that it's a good idea to not have audible calendar alerts any given day until a Clock app alarm has chimed. What if I never set a clock app alarm? Then again, why would anybody set an alarm in their Calendar that they didn't want to actually, really go off? If they don't want it to go off, there's an option for No Reminder.

    Then again, if you REALLY want only alarms to beep and no calendar alerts to beep, you slide the ringer switch to the silent position. (Which brings up another totally bizarre set of "features" employed by Palm engineers in deciding what is and is not affected by the ringer mute switch, but I'll save that for another thread.)

    Here's the bottom line: There is absolutely NEVER a circumstance when I would set an alarm in my Pre and then have the system decide for me that I don't really want that alarm I set to go off after all.

Posting Permissions