Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 45 of 45
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I dont feel like i was whinnying
    Me either, Mr. Ed.

    On a bright note, thanks for posting today. Your post has some merit, and though it peaves people when you bring up issues with their Pre, you are definitely on the right track.
  2. #42  
    As many have pointed out by now, you guy's are misinterpreting. Jack was not complaining about his mods getting overwritten, or having to re-do them. He was simply saying Palm should officially enable the features the modifications reveal.

    The modifications mentioned here simply make things available that were already programmed by Palm, just hidden for some reasons unknown to us.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  3. jsabo's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    these are the original files in web os that contain the code already. these mods are palms code for the most part to get them working all that has been done is uncommented lines of code that already exist. They were always there but disabled out of the box.
    Ever hear of a little controversy called "Hot Coffee?"

    Commenting out features that you decided not to implement, rather than removing them from the source code completely, is a fairly common practice. It drives me nuts when my developers do it, yet 100% of them do.

    As for why they're disabled, as you yourself point out, they're not all completed. This runs from benign issues like not getting a resized font in email, all the way through the dangerous, like deleting your last launcher page.

    We don't know what testing resources were available, but you can bet that if they were pushing the launch date, and had to choose betwen making the app catalog work and verifying that there were no glitches in showing the state on caller ID, they're going to comment out the state logic until later.
  4. #44  
    Guess I should go back and read the modified original post an judge on those merits. Thing is I try to only read new posts. So I guess I didn't follow the change of the thread from whinny (which it was) to suggestions and a push. My bad.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    Ever hear of a little controversy called "Hot Coffee?"

    Commenting out features that you decided not to implement, rather than removing them from the source code completely, is a fairly common practice. It drives me nuts when my developers do it, yet 100% of them do.

    As for why they're disabled, as you yourself point out, they're not all completed. This runs from benign issues like not getting a resized font in email, all the way through the dangerous, like deleting your last launcher page.

    We don't know what testing resources were available, but you can bet that if they were pushing the launch date, and had to choose betwen making the app catalog work and verifying that there were no glitches in showing the state on caller ID, they're going to comment out the state logic until later.
    that is very much understood perpus of this thread to perhaps encurage palm to get back to this sooner rather then later
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    As many have pointed out by now, you guy's are misinterpreting. Jack was not complaining about his mods getting overwritten, or having to re-do them. He was simply saying Palm should officially enable the features the modifications reveal.

    The modifications mentioned here simply make things available that were already programmed by Palm, just hidden for some reasons unknown to us.
    very well said
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Guess I should go back and read the modified original post an judge on those merits. Thing is I try to only read new posts. So I guess I didn't follow the change of the thread from whinny (which it was) to suggestions and a push. My bad.
    Once again screaming with ignorance. No whinning was ever existent as I said I haven't changed the op other then what I put next to amazon over 3g

    Some people don't know how to say I am wrong very much understood but don't keep posting trying to justify why you are wrong.

    Now I hope to get back on topic. This was not a complaint thread. It was message to palm hopes for this comunity to help encurage it for our sake and palm's sake to put these simple features in the scope. Rather then putting em off since they know it is simple they may feel like they can wait but for some people they can not wait making palm lose potential pre buyers
    MatterOfFactJack
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions