View Poll Results: Which notification sound do you like better?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • New notification sound

93 46.73%
  • Old notification sound

106 53.27%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    what do you think?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Or if none of the above, post/share the notice of your choosing
    Loving the new tone.
    How about an option for those of us who don't use the stock notification sounds?
    would rather they let me pick it, but i would probably use the 2 they provide. one for email, and the other for text/notifications.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    the new tone sounds horrible to me. its muffled and electronic sounding. the old tone was nice and clear, and very happy.
    neathings - neat·things and apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I was digging the old sound, and am looking forward to someone posting it in the near future so I can replace the new sound.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    I was digging the old sound, and am looking forward to someone posting it in the near future so I can replace the new sound.
    Perhaps someone who has linux access on their phone and hasn't made the plunge to 1.1 can post it?
    The new one sounds like something dying. How about we have the ability to pick our own? ti guess that is a 1.75 feature.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Love the old one, eh about the new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    Loving the new tone.
    +1
    Hate the new one. I can't hear it in a crowded room or even semi-crowded room? And since you can still hear the notifications while in a phone call, why the change of tone? Why not just offer both and let us choose which one we'd like for it.

The new one is just too muffled to hear. The older one at least had a crisp, loud ping to it.
    I haven't tried putting this on my Pre yet, but I probably will at some point.

I've been using this on my past couple devices as a alert tone.

It's loud and distinct, but also sounds natural, if that makes any sense.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    i havent even heard the new tone...i have an app called pimp my sounds!!!
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    neither...
    I'm not mad at the new tone I like it but I rather use the old one just because its louder..
    Old one sounded more clear... :/
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I actually like the new sound more but voted for the old cause the old ones seemed much louder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega33 View Post
    I actually like the new sound more but voted for the old cause the old ones seemed much louder.
    Don't they sound like virtually the same tone? The biggest difference is the volume/clarity of the tone...otherwise, it's nearly the exact same sound.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    I can't hear it anymore..I could barely hear it before but now it is inaudible too me I keep my phone in my pocket with the murse (man purse) that it came with.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast