Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Just updated to 1.1 and Google Maps is broken. Loading screen comes up then you can see it start to show the outline of the US, then it goes all white and looks like its restarting. It will not break this cycle from what I have seen, even after restarting the phone. Just sits there and looks as if it is constantly restarting over and over.
    works for me
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I've got the same problem Burn.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Well, good to know I am not the only one. I made a short video of what is happening with my webcam but have no idea where to host it.
    Quote Originally Posted by burn6010 View Post
    Well, good to know I am not the only one. I made a short video of what is happening with my webcam but have no idea where to host it.

I suppose youtube would be a good option.

ftr...google maps on mine working...ymmv
    Update to 1.1, Google Maps working properly on my device.
    works here
    Mine works too.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Great, this is scaring me...I've been scouring the net and finding handfuls of this problem, but if most people don't have this bug, then how do we, who have this problem, fix it?????
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    works for me
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnney5 View Post
    Great, this is scaring me...I've been scouring the net and finding handfuls of this problem, but if most people don't have this bug, then how do we, who have this problem, fix it?????
    If it was working fine before the update, here's what I would try.

When it seems like it's loading and has a white screen, try to pinch to zoom or try to tap the lower right corner of the white screen, which where the menu option should be.

Find a web page on your PC that you know uses google maps embedded for it's location. Try that site on your Pre and see if it loads.

If no joy, try a simple restart.

Try a battery removal restart.

Try a partial erase.

Try a full erase.

Of course, the last 2 will cause you to lose data and you would want to make sure you have a good back up and have your profile info.
    works
    i have the problem, too. very annoying.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    If it was working fine before the update, here's what I would try.

When it seems like it's loading and has a white screen, try to pinch to zoom or try to tap the lower right corner of the white screen, which where the menu option should be.

Find a web page on your PC that you know uses google maps embedded for it's location. Try that site on your Pre and see if it loads.

If no joy, try a simple restart.

Try a battery removal restart.

Try a partial erase.

Try a full erase.

Of course, the last 2 will cause you to lose data and you would want to make sure you have a good back up and have your profile info.
    Tried, but no avail. I'm going to wait a couple days before doing any kind of erasing...hoping maybe there's going to be a software update on the google maps side.

I was also thinking it might be the gps causing the glitch, but unfortunately, I can't get to the preferences while the map keeps resetting.
    FYI - I did a partial erase and that seemed to fix the problem. Google Maps loaded slow, but it loaded completely. No more flickering or blank screens.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Mine's broken today too. :/ I also thought it was GPS, but I was able to load up Sprint Nav and it found where I was immediately.
    <grumble> I guess I'll try a partial erase.. Thanks weenarz, I hope it works for me too, will post back in a few!
    I just updated and have the same problem. It looks like it keeps getting a new location and tries to re-draw the map. I turned off GPS and the auto locate function and it almost loaded up the map but I still get the same problem.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Ok, I was having the problem, did a partial erase, and Google Maps now works! Thanks johnney and weenarz for the tip. Phew, sigh of relief, and all that.

Don't forget when you do a partial erase, you'll need to reinstall Pandora and other non-Palm apps.. also need to redo all your settings (email accounts, etc.).. a minor pain for me since I only use gmail.. but I did forget my Palm Profile password -- luckily I remembered the answer to my security question!

Oh also, after doing the soft reset, before you go back into Google Maps, go to Location Services and agree to the GPS terms and conditions.. or else Maps won't do its stuff.
    dave
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzwave View Post
    Oh also, after doing the soft reset, before you go back into Google Maps, go to Location Services and agree to the GPS terms and conditions.. or else Maps won't do its stuff.
    dave
    Whoops, I meant "partial erase" there, not "soft reset"..
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    hey guys. My google maps is currently broken as well. I THOUGHT it was on account of my prebrew'in it with prebrew apps last night and not the 1.1 update but it sounds like it's because of the update... so I came here to find out how to fix it. It looks like I'll also have to do a "partial erase" =/ Can someone please explain to me how to do this? Will this erase all my wallpapers and/or contacts as well? TIA and I'll keep searching for my answer if i find it i'll reply back! ^_^
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast