Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    The erase is under
    Launcher -> Device Info -> (scroll to bottom) Reset Options -> Partial Erase.
    Someone told me that if I do a backup, I shouldn't need to redo my email settings, re-download my 3rd party apps, etc., but for some reason I did have to do all that stuff... Oh well, it was worth it to have Maps back.
    good luck, I hope it works for you!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    OK WTeff? Literally the first time i retried googlemaps it worked!! how freakin' bizarre!!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    You mean without doing a partial erase? huh! I tried it a dozen times this morning... lucky you!
    I wonder if they fixed something on the server side......
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    *grumble* *grumble* *grumble* ok now i'm getting confused and worried.......googlemaps literally now just goes directly to a "URL not found" page for me..... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna do a hard reboot w/ the battery out and start it back up....
    Here is what mine is doing on Maps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    dizz/weez, you guys rock. I also did a partial erase, and now google maps is back! Most of my apps/settings were still there after reset, so no trouble at all. Alllll good.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    ok, I pulled the battery out and rebooted it back up, now it reverted back to the main problem I was having.....yay... my sis-in-law just so happens to have a 1.1 pre WITHOUT prebrew on it and her google maps is giving her the "url not found" screen as well. Ok, I think i just need to chill and relax and try it again starting tomorrow b/c it sounds like it has nothing to do w/ the prebrew on my pre and everything to do w/ either my area's coverage (kansas city) or the 1.1 update..... but ya, this is what's happening w/ my pre =/ *sob*

or i could just do a semi erase....
    You guys are all better off than me. Since updating to 1.1 my google maps won't even launch it tries to open and then I get an error message. WTF?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsjacob View Post
    Here is what mine is doing on Maps
    Mine was doing this as well. A soft reset fixed it (orange+sym+R)

All happy now!
    I fixed mine. I did a backup, then partial erase, then reboot.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by premonkey View Post
    Mine was doing this as well. A soft reset fixed it (orange+sym+R)

All happy now!
    I had the same error. Had to restart twice, but this fixed my issue as well.
    Yay! Was having the same server error after the update. Soft reset just fixed it! Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_wagon View Post
    I fixed mine. I did a backup, then partial erase, then reboot.
    I did the same thing thing and GM came back...
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    If you can't get this fixed, there's a workaround, at least on my phone. Direct your browser to maps.google.com and it will launch the app. Doing this works for me, but launching from the launcher or universal search have their own issues. Remember, you can make a shortcut in the launcher for maps.google.com. This will launch the browser and then the google maps app.

I'm gonna check if the soft resets work, but I did one so far and it didn't help.

Edit: so yeah, this second reset worked. The launcher and universal search both are fixed. No partial erase needed.
    Last edited by mrolesen; 07/24/2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Follow up on a test.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    What I did to fix my URL problem was switch back and forth from regular mode to developer mode. That worked like a Gem for me and my Google maps works perfectly now!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monty9119 View Post
    What I did to fix my URL problem was switch back and forth from regular mode to developer mode. That worked like a Gem for me and my Google maps works perfectly now!
    +1 thats what worked for me thats the same as a reset orange+sym+r
    Quote Originally Posted by monty9119 View Post
    This worked for me also.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12