Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I'm planning to switch from an iPhone to a Pre next week. I was wondering if there are any advantages to buy the phone from sprint versus best buy or radio shack in case I have problems with the phone.

Suggestions would be appreciated

Rishi O.
    Rishi O.
    My first post here, I was wondering the something along the same lines. Do you still have to go through the mail in rebate if you purchase at a Sprint store?
    best buy is reported to be giving the rebate instantly, while sprint store if a mail-in rebate. Dunno about radio shack, I heard they were discussing it, but I never followed up since I got my phone at launch (and love it.)

It seems that it is rather difficult to find at Best Buy, they don't very many phones per store per week...
    if you want to leave the store with a pre in hand your best bet would be your local sprint store. mail in rebate isnt so bad mine is already being mailed (i sent i the 24th of june)

best buy and RS have the instant rebate but carry very few phones
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I was more interested in knowing about post buying problem experience. If I have a Pre that has an oreo slider or something goes wrong with it - would best buy be the best company to deal with or Sprint?
    Rishi O.
    in my personal opinion the best option if you are worrying about phone failure / returns would be to purchase the phone through the sprint store. In some cases some of the stores have a repair facilities inside of them so the best options would be there. They would be able to diagnose the phone and if necessary and if you purchase the TEP when you get the phone, they would be able to replace it.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    What is TEP?
    Rishi O.
    total equipment protection aka the insurance on the phone it is $7 per month
    You should but it from Sprint store if you are concerned about post-buying problems. Sprint has a very generous 30-day no questions asked return policy. They will also gladly replace your phone during this time if you have problems with your set. Another advantage is that they will waive the $36 activation fee.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Thanks. This is enough to convince me to buy it from Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by pretastic View Post
    You should but it from Sprint store if you are concerned about post-buying problems. Sprint has a very generous 30-day no questions asked return policy. They will also gladly replace your phone during this time if you have problems with your set. Another advantage is that they will waive the $36 activation fee.
    Rishi O.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    i had just switched from the iPhone to the Palm Pre last week. I had the iPhone 3G last year when the 3G launched and liked all the features. But on launch day i couldn't even get my phone going because of the iTunes crash with the AT&T system. So earlier this year i opted out for a Blackberry Bold (I did case reviews on Crackberry) and loved the Push email, which RIM is really known for. The Palm Pre to ME in really in between, still having great featured apps, smooth browsing and a nice plus for me was a slide out keyboard.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I'm switching over from an iPhone as well.. I have to figure out how to port the number next..

Quote Originally Posted by JReel View Post
    i had just switched from the iPhone to the Palm Pre last week. I had the iPhone 3G last year when the 3G launched and liked all the features. But on launch day i couldn't even get my phone going because of the iTunes crash with the AT&T system. So earlier this year i opted out for a Blackberry Bold (I did case reviews on Crackberry) and loved the Push email, which RIM is really known for. The Palm Pre to ME in really in between, still having great featured apps, smooth browsing and a nice plus for me was a slide out keyboard.
    Rishi O.
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rishio View Post
    Thanks. This is enough to convince me to buy it from Sprint.
    Besides , the activation and account related issues can be solved quicker than the bestbuy.

And SPRINT stores have more Pre's than BestBuy , though with increased inventor this might not be a problem.

Make sure you talk to them about free activation fee .
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Well, just when I was about to buy the Pre from Sprint, best buy comes out with it for $99. So I went to best buy and picked it up. They even set me up with Sprint TEP even though I bought it from best buy. It's so much better than the iPhone.. Very happy
    Rishi O.