Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    So WebOS 1.1 disabled a function I used a lot: the orange + space trick to open a link in a new card,.

Has anyone figured out how to do it now or has Palm removed this function completely? It would be nice if it was replaced with a single button press plus the tap on the link.
    I actually was just complaining that wasn't working anymore... Unfortunate that they removed it.
    They didn't remove it, they changed it. Now it's Orange + Sym.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    That does not work for me. I'll try rebooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by aolbites View Post

I can't get it to work for some reason
    Can anyone else confirm this, because I've totally lost the ability to open a new card in the browser....bummer!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    ok, ignore me. It was working on some pages, but it's not working on all pages...weird.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ok, ignore me. It was working on some pages, but it's not working on all pages...weird.
    What pages was it working on?
    this sucks!!!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    i too am pretty bummed out about this
    I don't see why it was removed... It was a very useful feature to me. Maybe it was an accident?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't see why it was removed... It was a very useful feature to me. Maybe it was an accident?
    well if it was an accident maybe they'll add it in a small update...if not then we're ****ed
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah I was hoping there was another way to open a card from a new link.
    I think they may do a little update soon because you can't do some little things like select any area of text in Memos.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    It's a trade-off for getting media sync back?
    It seems either accidental or a simple misstep on their part. As much as people complain on these forums(not referring to anyone on this thread), Palm really has been listening to the community, and heck, they are working VERY fast on letting out updates. A month and a half in and we've gotten some decent updates already! New animations EAS, performance/batlife improvements etc. Imagine what a full version number update will bring?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Can anyone else confirm this, because I've totally lost the ability to open a new card in the browser....bummer!
    I have the same problem. After updating to 1.1, neither Orange + Sym nor Orange + Space will open a link in a new card for me. Now, when I tap on a link while pressing those keys, the link just opens in the original Web card.

I really wish Gesture + tap link opened links in a new card. That seems like the simplest and most efficient method to me.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    I didn't know about this feature before, but on a sampling of one random link, orange plus sym plus clicking on link opened it in a new card.

mMark
    How about the ability to hold the center button and tap the link to open in a new browser.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    the center button/tap link would be cool. I never liked the multifinger method a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by noshooz View Post
    It's a trade-off for getting media sync back?
    I want the new card for link back then! There are other ways to get media on the Pre but now we have nothing to open links in new card!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast