Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After waiting in anticipation for Web OS 1.1, I finally got around to updating. Everything went well until the phone had to restart. The phone was then stuck on the Palm loading screen. I waited for about 20 minutes. No change. I took the battery out and it's been stuck on the Palm screen of death for the past 10 minutes. I guess I'll be off to the Sprint store tomorrow.
    My Palm restart screen definitely lasted more than 20 mins, but completed its cycle as expected. It also said at the bottom of the screen: Do not remove battery. Remember, 87MB takes time to load.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    wow it hung on the palm screen for 20 minutes!?!

i havent updated mine yet, but good to know I should wait upwards to that long
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    My Palm restart screen definitely lasted more than 20 mins, but completed its cycle as expected. It also said at the bottom of the screen: Do not remove battery. Remember, 87MB takes time to load.
    Actually, it was probably closer to 35 - 40 of having it sit there through the Palm screen process. i came here first and didn't see any complaints about the restart process. The Palm screen is idle. The logo is not blinking.
    I thought the doctor could fix "bricked" phones.
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    You took the battery out during an OS update? Bad choice.

It sounds like a visit to the doctor is in order for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    After waiting in anticipation for Web OS 1.1, I finally got around to updating. Everything went well until the phone had to restart. The phone was then stuck on the Palm loading screen. I waited for about 20 minutes. No change. I took the battery out and it's been stuck on the Palm screen of death for the past 10 minutes. I guess I'll be off to the Sprint store tomorrow.
    shouldve waited...i did and im good
    i waited and im bricked.. stuck in loop. shows start screen, then right when it flashes palm and goes into the welcome screen it hops right back to the palm logo screen...
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Take out your battery during an 87mb update, will you?! Not follow simple directions will you?!

Yep. Should have seen that coming, bro.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Run the OS Doctor on it .. hope you had your pix backed up..

On the phone .. it says not to remove the abttery..

Don't take it back to Sprint .. fix it yuorself for christsakes..
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    Run the OS Doctor on it .. hope you had your pix backed up..

On the phone .. it says not to remove the abttery..

Don't take it back to Sprint .. fix it yuorself for christsakes..
    I ran the os doctor and it wont connect to it. my battery wasn't taken out and im stuck like OP.. maybe we could work on a solution instead of repeatedly saying "bad choice." we come here for help, so help for Christ sakes.
  12. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCupKaKe View Post
    I ran the os doctor and it wont connect to it. my battery wasn't taken out and im stuck like OP.. maybe we could work on a solution instead of repeatedly saying "bad choice." we come here for help, so help for Christ sakes.
    You can also try the Palm support forums.
    I'm curious: What kind of battery life did you all (with the "bricked" phones) have BEFORE beginning the 87mb update? Wondering if perchance lower-than-optimal battery may have something to do with it.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    mine was charging through my laptop, 50% or close to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCupKaKe View Post
    Have you followed How To Recover - WebOS Internals precisely? Steps 1 to 6 *must* be done in order, no skipping, no variation.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I updated, had the phone connected to AC charger, and on wifi.. let it download, had it sitting next to the bed with the slider open last time I looked the progress bar on the update (don't remove battery screen) was almost complete, now my phone is off and won't turn on.

EDIT:
    I removed the battery since I could not wake the phone and now it is booting, booted up and everything looks fine.
    Last edited by hmagoo; 07/24/2009 at 04:14 AM.
    It takes a while on the Palm screen, longer than previous updates did. For those who haven't done the update yet, have patience and just let the device run its course.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Yep I let mine update and run while I got ready and drove to work today. Took about 30 mins to complete the process. I figured it'd be a while since even the 14mb one took about 5-10 mins
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    Yep I let mine update and run while I got ready and drove to work today. Took about 30 mins to complete the process. I figured it'd be a while since even the 14mb one took about 5-10 mins
    Mine took about the same time and i also figured it would take longer too.
    Says your phone needs to be at least 30% charged to install on the screen...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast