Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not 100% sure these weren't here before, but there are a few apps that are hidden (with "visible":false) in 1.1:
    com.palm.app.usbpassthrough
    com.palm.app.dataimport
    com.palm.app.collectlogs

Pictures soon...
  2.    #2  
    Here are some screenshots
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fish199902 View Post
    Here are some screenshots
    USBnet? Is that some sort of official tethering app?!
  4.    #4  
    I looks like it could be.. I tried to change some settings and it asked me for my MSL (if only). There also seem to be options for GPS passthough.
    nice finds. I'd like to see if the logging application is useful...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    USBnet? Is that some sort of official tethering app?!
    Not sure but it sure sounds like it. Wonder if they are laying the ground work for USB tethering (officially or otherwise).
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    How do you access them?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Not sure but it sure sounds like it. Wonder if they are laying the ground work for USB tethering (officially or otherwise).
    Webos 1.1 brought out alot of internationalization fixes (i.e. the autocorrect has other languages then spanish/english) - I suspect tethering works for some carriers but sprint didn't want it.

short-sighted if you ask me. Charge me an extra $20 and give me legal tethering!
    -mark
    Looks like the logging app will archive some log diag files in a tarball, but the files in the tarball are encrypted. There is also an included key file, but not sure if that is the whole piece needed to decrypt the files.

I'll be calling Sprint tomorrow to get my MSL so I can play with the tethering app. I'll post some results when I have em.

-Brian
    Good luck getting your MSL. Sprint told me they can't give it to me until my contract is over lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Good luck getting your MSL. Sprint told me they can't give it to me until my contract is over lol...
    Fake some network problems like not being able to make a call, etc. the tech on the phone will tell you to type in some numbers (six of em) to run diagnostics which is your MSL. I've had it for all my phones, including the Pre (but forgot to write it down!).
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsyeltzin View Post
    Fake some network problems like not being able to make a call, etc. the tech on the phone will tell you to type in some numbers (six of em) to run diagnostics which is your MSL. I've had it for all my phones, including the Pre (but forgot to write it down!).
    ah, good idea. I'll be calling them tomorrow. Why is the MSL such a secret number?
    Because it lets you really mess with the phone in ways many of us (me included) couldn't even understand. It allows you to get into the hardware level of the phone and alter how it talks to sprint, handles the network, radio strength, signal timers, etc.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch11 View Post
    How do you access them?
    You have to root your Pre, then follow the instructions to unhide the Dev Mode app, but replace 'com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher' with the name of the hidden application (ex com.palm.app.collectlogs) in the instructions.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I found a site that totally told you how to get the MSL of the pre...
    now if I only remembered the site...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Really? I was just in a store and the guy I spoke to didn't even know what a MSL was lol. Then he said well lets find out and he just gave it to me 2 minutes later.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    i have just called customer service and asked for advanced tech and told them i needed my msl code, and they just gave it to me, no problems at all. I learned that off a website but i also cant remember it
    I needed my MSL number for my instinct and all I did was call up sprint and told them my phone was acting up and "my buddy" at the sprint store said he would do a hard reset on it, but I need my MSL number. They gave it to me, no questions asked.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    man, that data xfer assistant looks like it may help me move all my Palm contacts over to my Google contacts!

but i fear the rooting............lol
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Looks promising, I am interested in seeing if the USBnet app allows tethering!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast