Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Removed.
    Last edited by Binary Tech; 07/24/2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: apparently this is against the law. as a tech i was unaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    If you need your MSL pm me your esn only. i will send it to you. i'm gonna get mine now and see if those menu's are useful.
    For those of us who do not yet have 15 posts so cannot send a PM via the forum, can you provide an alternative contact method? Obviously don't post an actual email without obfuscating it by spelling it out or something a thread harvester cannot autopick.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    USBnet provides for an ethernet connection across a usb cord. It allows the pre to present itself as an ethernet adapter.

Tethering requires USBnet but also requires some IP forwarding rules added to the running system.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Whoa good find!!
    If you need your MSL pm me your esn only. i will send it to you. i'm gonna get mine now and see if those menu's are useful.
    Warning: DO not Post nor PM anyone your ESN
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Agreed on the bad idea of giving out anything close to an ID number on a forum....there was an app that I downloaded to obtain my MSL for my Instinct a month or two ago, however I dont' know if I can still use that app (don't remember how to use it without the step by step) for the pre. I would like to get my MSL to change the Home Agent location for the internet connection....this speeds up the web tremendously on EVDO. Also the Instinct forum had instructions for smoothing/upgrading Sprint TV, which I was wondering if anyone has done for this phone yet?
    Log into your sprint account and change phones then change back to your pre it will give you your msl and msid info when you switch back to the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    Warning: DO not Post nor PM anyone your ESN
    Will not be doing these if they are going to get me into trouble with work. sorry, did not mean to **** anyone off I do this stuff all day at work and never thought twice about it getting me into trouble..learn something new every day.
    Last edited by Binary Tech; 07/24/2009 at 07:45 PM. Reason: apparently this is against the law. had no idea as i'm just a tech.
    Removed
    Why can't you just post your method of getting the MSL?

Or are you a Sprint employee and are illegally using your system access to get the MSL?
    Last edited by Tavisjohn; 07/24/2009 at 09:32 PM.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by antmon1 View Post
    man, that data xfer assistant looks like it may help me move all my Palm contacts over to my Google contacts!

but i fear the rooting............lol
    The DTA screen pops up when you disconnect the Pre after depositing a migration.mig file in the root of the USB drive. This is how the Palm Desktop 6.2.2 DTA program moves all your Palm Desktop data (or at least tries to) to your Pre.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $it$ $can$'$t$ $be$ $used$ $to$ $move$ $data$ $from$ $one$ $place$ $to$ $another$ $within$ $the$ $Pre$.
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    I found a site that totally told you how to get the MSL of the pre...
    now if I only remembered the site...
    Is this it? Palm Pre SPC/MSL Mini-Howto - Mobile Files dot com
    Long Live Palm
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I edited appinfo.json for the usb passthrough app to make it visible.

Since I have my MSL I changed the ACM USB PORT value to DUN.

When I did that, my pc detected 'USB Ethernet Gadget' and 'Serial Data'.

Shouldn't I be able to use the USBNet driver from USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals and get this up and running?

When I try to install the driver following the detailed instructions, I get "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware."

So, is this completely different then the My Tether setup?
    I don't know if people are still having a hard time getting there MSL#, but I got mine in under a few minutes easily. I started an online chat session with sprint from there homepage. Told the person I was chatting with that I needed the MSL to do a data erase and reset. She asked a few questions, then said she could give me the steps to reset the phone. I told her i had everything I needed, include WEBOS doctor. After that she gave it to me.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fish199902 View Post
    You have to root your Pre, then follow the instructions to unhide the Dev Mode app, but replace 'com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher' with the name of the hidden application (ex com.palm.app.collectlogs) in the instructions.
    Your link does not work. Does anyone know what these apps do? Is it worth unhiding the apps?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12