Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    not 1 basic feature added/enhanced....not buying into where Palm seems to be going, and yea it may have been a mistake to buy this phone and thats on me....but in truth its the best phone Sprint offers, at least right now.....
    You're not serious, are you?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I think Palm has done a great job updating so far. They will probably also be the first to tell you that there is much much more to do. Remember, it took them long enough for the OS to be release-ready, I think they have done an excellent job keeping the updates coming every couple of weeks with a couple new features, as well as bug fixes, stability and performance upgrades and tweaks. This isn't 2.0...it's just 1.1, relax, as an early adopter you should have known that not everything is perfect. Look at iPhone version 1.0...that **** didn't even have 3G for gods sake! It's takes time to perfect a brand new OS
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Jeez people. If you want an iPhone, go get an iPhone. Stop all the crying about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Except, you're trying to force a new device to old ways...
    If you wan to pick up the last track and timestamp, why stop the program to begin with. Pause it, move on to whatever else you want to do, and pick back up when you're ready.

To me, this is the kind of thing (like desktop syncing) that Palm probably said "Let's get them doing the new stuff, then we'll see if we really need to add the "old way" back into the mix..."
    Arrgghh. That's exactly what I'm forced to do. I listen to my audio mag, some 80 tracs, on my commute. Then I leave the app open all day and it takes a lot of RAM which prevents me from opening new cards. Then I continue listening on the way home. Actually I keep the app open for a week until I'm done listening. Do you understand the impact this is having on my usage of the Pre everyday? It's insufferable.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Do you understand the impact this is having on my usage of the Pre everyday? It's insufferable.
    If it's truly insufferable, then you have two choices. Don't use it that way, or get a different device.

I do undertand, but I seriously doubt that this is a major issue for most users.
    If it's truly insufferable, then you have two choices. Don't use it that way, or get a different device.

I do undertand, but I seriously doubt that this is a major issue for most users.
    Yeah? Why don't you post a poll asking if the Music player should remember where it left off or not. What are you a clown or something?

It's even part of webOS design guidelines. Surely Palm thought it would be a good idea even if they left it out.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I expect the bigger things in 1.5 as we saw with ANDROID...

I believe Palm will get their ideas out, especially since this is their job and the only thing they are working on - the phone and the os... I think
    I'm disappointed. The crybaby filter doesn't appear to be working since the update.
    Yeah? Why don't you post a poll asking if the Music player should remember where it left off or not. What are you a clown or something?

It's even part of webOS design guidelines. Surely Palm thought it would be a good idea even if they left it out.
    Or something. I suppose disagreeing with you is also insufferable, but to answer your other question - I won't put up a poll, because it's not important to me.

I'll say this though, I've been on this forum since it opened, and you're the first person I've see complain about it. I suspect it's very important to you, but probably not so much to others.

Honk honk...
    Or something. I suppose disagreeing with you is also insufferable, but to answer your other question - I won't put up a poll, because it's not important to me.

I'll say this though, I've been on this forum since it opened, and you're the first person I've see complain about it. I suspect it's very important to you, but probably not so much to others.

Honk honk...
    You are utterly clueless about basic application design.
    I don't care much about the music application remembering where it was as much as having the file position slider enabled all the time. It gets enabled for streaming MP3's, but not those on the device?????
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    I love guys who say "this should be easy to do, that should be easy to do, why don't they do it?"

If it's so easy, offer your services to Palm. Show them how easy it is done. If you get them all those features onto the Pre for them I am sure they will hire you. Then when you get all those features added in a week, can you please go to the middle east and fix the Palestine-Israeli conflict. That one should be even easier to fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by WAMS View Post
    +1
    i know i know, some happy some not, but seriously what craig said. can someone explain to me why the options that most phones from a basic nextel phone to a htc pro doesnt have. im ok with lets build something new and the best....but why not take the old and transform that to the new and best!!!! blackberry tried to with the storm (fail) but the right thought was there. why couldnt palm take there best features from their other phones and convert to the web os and add what we have now to it.....most people on this form would be happy as a nun in a locker room full of naked guys!!!! just think a year from now........wooooooooooooooooooooooooow..... my 2cents
    I wouldn't doubt that the features listed are on some Palm project manager's gantt chart of things that need to be implemented. Ever think to how many years it took for all of those features to show up in Palm's previous OS? WebOS is brand new, so all of that functionality has to be reimplemented.

In my opinion, the developers at Palm have been doing a hell of a job so far. I'd like to buy them a beer if I could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    I love guys who say "this should be easy to do, that should be easy to do, why don't they do it?"

If it's so easy, offer your services to Palm. Show them how easy it is done. If you get them all those features onto the Pre for them I am sure they will hire you. Then when you get all those features added in a week, can you please go to the middle east and fix the Palestine-Israeli conflict. That one should be even easier to fix.
    But it is easy to do. I would've loved to fix it myself if Palm accepted my services (half kidding.) In contrast I don't think the Israeli-Palestininian conflict can be solved.

Storing the track ID and position in the timeline in some variable, cookie or database table is trivial. Palm is very clear about the need to save state in webOS applications. Why doesn't it follow its own guidelines?
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I don't care much about the music application remembering where it was as much as having the file position slider enabled all the time. It gets enabled for streaming MP3's, but not those on the device?????
    I wouldn't care that much if I only listened to music, but for podcasts or audio books it's a deal breaker.
    remember, this is 1.1. It's a more major than a 1.0.x update but is it nowhere near a 2.0 update.

webOs is already slightly snappier so I'm happy with the speed of the updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
    remember, this is 1.1. It's a more major than a 1.0.x update but is it nowhere near a 2.0 update.
    Right. Trivial bug fixes like not saving state would fit in great in a minor update, let alone a major one. Again, I'm not asking for video recording or 3D graphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I'm disappointed. The crybaby filter doesn't appear to be working since the update.
    Looks like the rosy one is firmly in place.
    iHuh? OP, we have a smart phone running Linux which we can SSH into. This is a 1.1 update - it isn't going to deliver world peace, and video is quite a stretch. How about let's just keep doing what we've been doing and drive the market to give us more of these types of devices.
    I'll tell you what Palm is thinking:

1. Emoticons: lets get them out there so it looks pretty for the newbies
    I could care less, but it is a feature that many feature phones don't have and would be a perk for someone to upgrade from a feature phone to a smart phone, where Palm expects to get many of their new customers.

2. Sliding menus: coz' we can do in JavaScript like on the iPhone
    Most of competing with Apple is look over function. This looks cooler. Fine with me.

3. Exchange: we're getting hammered on this by pundits, quick headline fix
    Quick headline? You serious? Many will not get the Pre without this. MANY, MANY, people. It is a deal breaker. You may not care about converting the crackberry addicts, Palm sure as hell does.

4. Gmail: why it's good enough, doesn't need batch deletion of messages or threaded conversations. Nobody uses Gmail
    Correction, YOU don't use Gmail.

5. System sounds: they work, you can hear them and you can hear your alarm. Everything is fine, okay maybe a little different sound file to make them happy, cos this thing ain't getting fixed. Enhancement, not a bug!
    Everyone wants configurable sounds. But the Touchstone sound was high pitched and annoying. I like the simple fix. Didn't require programmer time, just dumping in new sound files.

6. Music app not saving state: really what's the big deal browsing your music catalog while driving?? Oh you listen to whole audio magazines on your commute, well tough luck.
    This needs fixed.

7. iTunes sync: we gotta do this hack or we'll be laughed at
    Doing this fix gives us more legal ammunition for showing that Apple is working in a Monopolistic fashion to lock in hardware. Apple has lost lawsuits over this. More are coming.

8. Photo app optimization: nobody complained but lets surprise them with a random fix
    I love the speed increases in photo rendering. Makes flipping through photos much better. Nobody asking for it isn't the same as nobody enjoying it. Just like nobody asked for the killer feature for any sales person of the notices when you initiate contact with someone. Great new feature.

Okay I'm getting tired (still stuck at work with a broken build
    Why didn't you have your build fixed and pushed out to 1000's of users in 20 minutes? Huh? Slacking like Palm?

The EAS was not only a major upgrade for them, many were betting they wouldn't make it before the end of the year. They said 60 days, they did it in less.
    That right there is the thing. Programmers who have worked on serious projects understand just how much @$$ Palm has been kicking. I continue to be seriously impressed.

Dude, you left out a major one - the long promised Alien Technology...
    That is in there: Linux. Linus was from Jupiter.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 07/24/2009 at 08:21 AM.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast