1.    #1  
    I was one of the unfortunate users that was unable to use exchange until today. Now that i have exchange i have questions that I'm hoping people can help with...

1. It automatically Synced my outlook contacts. I email literally 100's of people a week so now my contact list has exploded. Any way to set it to not sync contacts from exchange?

Edit: Almost finished typing this when i discovered how to remove the exchange contacts. Will post simply to prevent others from having this same frustration. Bring up the launcher and select "contacts". Click "contacts" in the upper left corner. Delete the Exchange account listed.

2. Is there any way to search a company directory? My company has over 15,000 employees and as stated i email 100's of them a week so i cant add 15,000 contacts. My WinMo phone was capable of performing this task so im just curious if the Pre can?

3. I don't remember now ... was so busy with the first two that i cant remember what the third was so i can only assume it wasn't that important

Any help with question #2 would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    1- Not that I can see. Same problem as the people with 1000 facebook friends. If you turn off the Exchange account in Contacts, it looks like it totally removes the Exchange server from Calendar and Messaging as well.

All I can say is don't use the contacts app to find people, use universal search.

2- Open contacts like I just told you not to, start typing in a name, and when it's not local, you should get a "Global Address Search" button-- click on that it and it should connect back to the main server to find suggestions.

3- They're under your socks in the laundry room.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmithinny View Post
    3. I don't remember now ... was so busy with the first two that i cant remember what the third was so i can only assume it wasn't that important
    Scratch that ... just remembered #3 cause its starting to irritate me.

My company requires a complicated PIN on the device (Min 8 characters, must include one capital letter, one lower case letter and one numeric) I set my device to have a password but I'm a bit confused. My WinMo phone had 2 options A) lock device after x minutes of inactivity B) turn screen off after x minutes of inactivity. I could set the screen to turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity but for it to not password protect until 30 minutes of inactivity.

The Pre cannot do this?? It appears these functions are not separated on the Pre so i have my screen set to turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity, after that 30 seconds if i touch my device i need to unlock it again.

This is a major time waster for me because i use my phone so much so someone please tell me I'm just overlooking something.

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    3- I think you're just stuck, don't see an option to turn off screen after X, but lock device after Y.
    #3 is freakin KILLING ME!!

I need to find a way to totally disable the PIN... I used a program for WM called "StayUnlock," which worked perfectly.

Does anyone know where these settings are kept in the actual filesystem?
    Yeah, well, I couldn't even buy the phone until all the security policies were demonstrated. Looks to me like three minutes is about the max you can let it sit without locking, because that's the longest you can keep the screen on without doing something. That doesn't exactly make sense to me, because I think the Exchange mailbox that requires a PIN also has a setting that can be set for much longer periods of time. I am going to talk to the IT guys on Monday about this particular issue.