Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Don't know the extent of spell checking yet, but try spelling messaging as "messenging" and watch the magic!

Also, i've been waiting for the "I'll" autocomplete to come back and it's here: type "ill + space" and it adds the '

Love it!
    What do you do when you try to say that you're "ill"....how does it distinguish that? Same when you try to say "ID" as in picture id, it always wants to make "I'd" out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    What do you do when you try to say that you're "ill"....how does it distinguish that? Same when you try to say "ID" as in picture id, it always wants to make "I'd" out of it.
    good point(s)
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle3 View Post
    Don't know the extent of spell checking yet, but try spelling messaging as "messenging" and watch the magic!

Also, i've been waiting for the "I'll" autocomplete to come back and it's here: type "ill + space" and it adds the '

Love it!
    But yet it still lets me type "I'l" by accident when I add the apostrophe myself but forget to tap the "L" key a third time...

I wonder if this overwrote my custom auto-correct list - probably, yet another hack to redo on my list... Thanks Palm, guess I won't be bored this weekend!
    They need to bite the bullet and add a firefox ish underline or copy the iphone / htc hero's system. What we have now is inadequate.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    When you hit the space bar, it you want to cancel the autocomplete, hit delete. It leaves the space & undoes the autocomplete.

That's how I can type ID and ill from my pre right now.

You say your sick and you type I period D period :-)
    The autocomplete list is pretty large. Here is the original list of autocorrections. I don't know if 1.1 added any words to the list.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Follow Me On

Yeah, I delete ill, IM, and ID corrections myself. You can edit the autoreplace file pretty easily if you go into the filesystem of your Pre.
    This is not new. I noticed my phone doing that earlier today, BEFORE I did the update. However, maybe they expanded the list.
    When I type in u I want it to stay, but ends up as you
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    When I type in u I want it to stay, but ends up as you
    Type "u" then space then delete

What will happen: a "u" shows up, spacebar makes it into "you" hit delete and it turns back into "u" but leaves the space.

Works on anything that is autocompleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I wish they'd use the same dictionary they used in the PalmOS (specifically on the Treos). It was very intuitive and had all the "right" (i.e., logical) auto corrections and lots of 'em. That said, one that DIDN'T auto correct was "ill," for the reason you mentioned as well as for a common abbreviation for the state of Illinois (Ill.).

Quote Originally Posted by turtle3 View Post
    Type "u" then space then delete

What will happen: a "u" shows up, spacebar makes it into "you" hit delete and it turns back into "u" but leaves the space.

Works on anything that is autocompleted.
    This REALLY irks me (along with "thru" to "through") and wastes time, concentration, and keystrokes when typing, especially when texting. Anything that causes a delay like this when you want to quickly reply or enter text is hard to get used to (and I usually adapt pretty quickly).
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    I wish they'd use the same dictionary they used in the PalmOS (specifically on the Treos). It was very intuitive and had all the "right" (i.e., logical) auto corrections and lots of 'em. That said, one that DIDN'T auto correct was "ill," for the reason you mentioned as well as for a common abbreviation for the state of Illinois (Ill.).
    Treos also corrected the word "well" to "we'll" so it wasn't perfect either.
    how do you get the emoticons to work i dont see an icon to add them when i type a message
    Quote Originally Posted by kansanpoker View Post
    how do you get the emoticons to work i dont see an icon to add them when i type a message
    Type them and they'll show up when you send it. Or hit the symbol key and scroll down, it's got a couple.
    Quote Originally Posted by kansanpoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Type them and they'll show up when you send it. Or hit the symbol key and scroll down, it's got a couple.
    http://forums.precentral.net/1774051-post29.html
    Last edited by Mannyman; 07/24/2009 at 04:12 AM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    soooooo~ wheres the spell check?
    Autocorrect is ridiculous for a lot of these things. Are ppl so lazy they can't properly type "I'll" and "you" and "I'd"?! It is a pain when the phone tries to correct things that are correct (such as when I'm trying to type "U.S." or "ID" - and those are both common for me to type - or several other words) and I have to backspace to get them the way I typed them, the way they should be.

To change this autocomplete file do I have to root my Pre?
    One thing I noticed with 1.1 that DEFINITELY wasnt there before is typing r then space will make it are! I know it wasnt there before cuz I ALWAYS type how r u and it would come up how r you, now it comes up how are you!! C
    WAYYY COOL!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast