Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How's the signal strength after 1.1? I'm not at a good place to test it but my major annoyance with the Pre was my signal going all over the place at my job. My Sprint BB Curve stayed a constant 2-3 bars of signal while my Pre will jump in and out of service. I'm hoping it's improved.
    I've got 5 bars right now, but I don't know how many bars I'm usually at where I'm at, I don't ever pay attention. It did update the Sprint configuraton to 1.7 though.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    So far, I've had mine running for about 5 minutes, and I'm still either Roaming or one bar in my house. Damnit! I don't think they did much for signal problems.
    Bars mean nothing. RSSI and ec are all that matter.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Bars mean nothing. RSSI and ec are all that matter.
    Perhaps, but seeing my phone go in and out of service (or roaming, if I turn it on) while sitting right next to another Sprint phone that has a steady couple of bars is not good performance. It's a widespread problem discussed a bit here and in Palm's official support forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazytexan View Post
    Perhaps, but seeing my phone go in and out of service (or roaming, if I turn it on) while sitting right next to another Sprint phone that has a steady couple of bars is not good performance. It's a widespread problem discussed a bit here and in Palm's official support forums.
    I know this but comparing bars doesn't net you any information. Sure being able to make a call or not is a difference but someone coming here saying they get an extra bar after an update doesn't mean anything.
    I honestly don't thin any future updates will do much to help the Pre's known signal/reception issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    I honestly don't thin any future updates will do much to help the Pre's known signal/reception issues.
    This, it is just a placebo effect, and even if it did show more bars, I am sure the signal strength is the same and they just made it show more bars
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    My "Bars" are the same after installing 1.1.0.............
    I have bars all the way across the board, have never had that. And now you say they are trying to fools us. Why I oughta!!
    "Well, I don't favor talkin' to vermin, but I'll talk to you just this once." --John Wayne
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    For anyone wanting to know their true signal strength, go to the phone keypad and tap ##DEBUG on the keypad and press enter. Scroll down and you will see RSSI value, signal strength, and data state. This is more reliable.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Real world test results:

I was having severe issues dropping calls while driving long distances (10-15mi around a metro area). I never had these issues with my centro on the exact same routes. It frustrated the hell out of me.

I drove one of these routes about 5 days ago and on the drive dropped my call 4 times. I updated to 1.1 today, drove the exact same route tonight (same time of day as before) and had perfect reception the entire time and didn't drop my call once.

That's proof to me that Sprint 1.7 is improved. Its software that runs hardware. Somehow they improved the software.
    Your right I have 5 bars rather than 3 in certain areas of my house
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Please check with ##DEBUG though, as I have said above. Post your signal strength and other information.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazytexan View Post
    How's the signal strength after 1.1? I'm not at a good place to test it but my major annoyance with the Pre was my signal going all over the place at my job. My Sprint BB Curve stayed a constant 2-3 bars of signal while my Pre will jump in and out of service. I'm hoping it's improved.
    Not a change for reception whatsoever. you would think this WOULD be included with the update but of course they have more important things to do like make sure we can resync with iTunes after Apple blocked us.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by bzsoaddictiv View Post
    Not a change for reception whatsoever. you would think this WOULD be included with the update but of course they have more important things to do like make sure we can resync with iTunes after Apple blocked us.
    That's disappointing. I may have to buy a Tour.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    Please check with ##DEBUG though, as I have said above. Post your signal strength and other information.
    RSSI Value: -85. I Usually get poor reception where I'm at now (1x R) What else would be helpful?
    my RSSI Value is -84. I tend to get terrible signal strength, and i am constantly bouncing around looking for service. What is a good or proper RSSI Value?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    RSSI is -105. One bar.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    RSSI values ranging from -79 to -84 while displaying full bars the whole time. And just for kicks, downloads are ranging from 560 to 839kbps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast