Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Pre is now definitely faster and snappier with 1.1. Opening apps, switching windows, etc. much snappier.

Happy camper here
    I think you are right.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I usually say this is due to the re-boot but I may have to agree in this case, seems snappier.
    How is the Calendar lagging, swiping between days and rendering?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    It still has a hard time moving applications between pages in the launcher.
    Same crap as the other updates. It feels about the same and scrolling is still laggy as hell.
    It may be faster if you haven't booted it in a while. Hopefully they did do some things to optimize the speed though.

Shouldn't this be posted here, http://forums.precentral.net/general...u-noticed.html
  8.    #8  
    Scrolling in web pages is MUCH faster.
    I rebooted my Pre litterally less than 2 hours before getting the update. My better half wanted to play with it, and was considering swapping her Centro for a Pre. I rebooted to make it less laggy.

1.1 DEFINITELY made a difference as far as scrolling/app loading goes.
  10.    #10  
    Palm - you did good with this update. I think we need to redo those Pre vs. 3GS browsing speed tests
    I'd like to take back a little of my first comment. Scrolling does seem a little better stutter wise in the browser but checker boarding and lag in the other apps from scrolling etc is the same.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Some things do seem faster, however the painful lag in the call logs and in text message threads remains. Just fix that **** already!
    My Pre randomly re-boots several times a day so I know mine is faster/more responsive now and that it isn't because I had to re-boot. Re-booting is a way of life for my Pre number 4.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    well that is a definite plus!! i am just so excited that this update finally was released!!!

installing now!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sookibong View Post
    Some things do seem faster, however the painful lag in the call logs and in text message threads remains. Just fix that **** already!
    This.

It's great that the device as a whole feels snappier, but the call log is just embarrassing; Should be a top priority for 1.1.1.
    Very tru!!!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I agree that it sure seems quicker. I love it.
    Yeah it definitely feels better and faster, no doubt about it!

Since someone asked about the calendar, it's snappy now, I can scroll through days at light speed...well, maybe just under light speed.
    The previous updates did not make any difference at all with speed. In fact I think 1.03 / 1.04 was actually slower than 1.02.

1.1 is noticeably quicker and it has nothing to do the with reboot. Classic loads in less that half the time it used to take. Web rendering much quicker. Scrolling quicker and smoother. There are many other speed improvements that I am still just discovering.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    How is the Calendar lagging, swiping between days and rendering?
    Much quicker!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast