Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, the sym button does not give me the 3 emoticon options in the symbol list. I tried resetting the phone but to no avail Oh well. I wonder if Web OS 1.1 downloaded in full to my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Payne View Post
    Unfortunately, the sym button does not give me the 3 emoticon options in the symbol list. I tried resetting the phone but to no avail Oh well. I wonder if Web OS 1.1 downloaded in full to my phone.
    It doesn't show them as emoticons until after you send your message so in the symbols, they are just shown with the symbols used to make the 3 (not in emoticon form) they should be towards the bottom of the list. They were there before the update so no reason they shouldn't be there...
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuessWho727 View Post
    It doesn't show them as emoticons until after you send your message so in the symbols, they are just shown with the symbols used to make the 3 (not in emoticon form) they should be towards the bottom of the list. They were there before the update so no reason they shouldn't be there...
    My bad. I was looking for symbols and just overlooked them because I glanced at the last line and overlooked to see it was a few symbols b4 that. Thank you. Actually I never knew they were there prior. Too busy playing with everything else!
    I was testing out smileys by sending them to a Centro. I sent the "foot in mouth" smiley...

:!

...and a smiley smoking a cigar showed up on the Centro!!! That makes me wonder what other smileys were on my 755P?!?!?!?
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    I was testing out smileys by sending them to a Centro. I sent the "foot in mouth" smiley...

:!

...and a smiley smoking a cigar showed up on the Centro!!! That makes me wonder what other smileys were on my 755P?!?!?!?
    Oh snap!! Confirmed on my wife's Centro. I'm sending all the rest to see what they show up as...
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    There are a few others that the centro didn't show in its choices... This sounds weird but I was having a face war (we were sending random faces back and forth to see who ran out of ideas first...) with one of my friends and discovered a few of them. Couldn't tell you what they were now though.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    The help file is messed up today. It is showing system icons. Need 10 post to show image.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi4u View Post
    The help file is messed up today. It is showing system icons. Need 10 post to show image.
    Same thing here. Kinda funny.
    Good stuff
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Same thing here. Kinda funny.
    my help file is fine
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Mine's messed up too in the Help file.

[humor]

Though maybe I could see the low battery icon being the same as :cry

[/humor]
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Odd, Shouldn't we all get the same? I believe it connects to their server when you use the help, I don't think that is stored on our phones. It does connect for something, The EV is connected when I choose help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi4u View Post
    Odd, Shouldn't we all get the same? I believe it connects to their server when you use the help, I don't think that is stored on our phones. It does connect for something, The EV is connected when I choose help.
    I didn't think about the Help files being in the cloud, but it dawned on me this morning. Which makes users' different experience--including mine above not seeing the emoticon section AT ALL yesterday--all the more peculiar.

BTW, I had the CORRECT emoticon list showing on a card already so I used the back gesture to go back to the list of help articles and tapped the article again and it still showed the emoticons correctly. I then tapped the refresh button (arrow on bottom right) and the icon list came up this time.

Strange indeed...
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I was hoping someone had something up about this. Mine is doing the same thing. Yesterday it was working fine. Tried rebooting to no avail...

Least I'm not the only one. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon.
    I found a way to edit the file that controls the symbol key so that you can include all the smilies. My question for all that want it at a press of the finger, would you prefer to have the meaning (:mad) or the smiley?

Edited: erm nevermind. I will add all to one file then anyone can choose.

Edited: Ran into some problems
    Last edited by sarah peterman; 07/25/2009 at 05:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    One other strange thing I ran into - I sent my wife a message, from my Pre to hers, and the symbol translated fine to an emoticon on my screen when I sent it, but on her Pre it reverted back to ASCII.

Both our phones are 1.1.0.

FYI, I posted the results of a Pre-Centro Emoticon Comparison in a new thread.
    Mark A. Einersen
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    One other strange thing I ran into - I sent my wife a message, from my Pre to hers, and the symbol translated fine to an emoticon on my screen when I sent it, but on her Pre it reverted back to ASCII.

Both our phones are 1.1.0.

I have sent these to quite a few different phones and some of them work and some don't. It all depends on what the other phone can translate.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuessWho727 View Post
    I was hoping someone had something up about this. Mine is doing the same thing. Yesterday it was working fine. Tried rebooting to no avail...

Least I'm not the only one. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon.
    It's been reported to Palm on their forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast