Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Still surprised they decided to engage in this cat and mouse thing but I've just CONFIRMED that yes 1.1 works perfectly with 8.2.1. Way to go Palm!

I guess if anyone could take on Apple with this it's Rubenstein (the father of the iPod). This is going to be fun
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Yeah, apple its your move baby!
    This REALLY gives Apple a black eye. And I love it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    They fixed it, just like I figured they would fix it:

- idVendor 0x05ac Apple, Inc.
    + idVendor 0x0830 Palm, Inc.

The device is now telling the host that the vendor is Apple.
    I bet this gets a mention on Attack of the Show... lol, yeah I know, don't know why I watch that show, but I kinda enjoy it, although Olivia is a total Pre hater! They mentioned when itunes stopped working...and Kevin says "it's a sad day for Pre owners", so that *$&!%% says "every day is a sad day for pre owners". Oh well, she's a Blackberry lover.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I bet this gets a mention on Attack of the Show... lol, yeah I know, don't know why I watch that show, but I kinda enjoy it, although Olivia is a total Pre hater! They mentioned when itunes stopped working...and Kevin says "it's a sad day for Pre owners", so that *$&!%% says "every day is a sad day for pre owners". Oh well, she's a Blackberry lover.
    I don't get why she hates the Pre. I'm a Blackberry lover and I still ditched my BB for the Pre
    My album art was gone after the update.... Going to delete all my music of the Pre and synch again with iTunes...
    My album art was gone after the update.... Going to delete all my music of the Pre and synch again with iTunes...
    my album art is still there
    I'm glad for those that use it but I'd prefer if palm would make their own sync solution instead of playing epeen games with apple who will ultimatelt win by simply blocking the Pre enough for it to not be a reliable way to sync.

It would be a big deal if the drm video would play but as it stands its not worth it.
    Checkmate!!!!!!!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Deleting and resynching worked...the album art is back.
    I've googled everywhere, how did iTunes break Palms sync in the first place??
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    They blocked Palm's Vendor ID on the USB node. Check out Engadget for an explanation.
    Mine is gone as well. I wonder why that happens? I was hoping that it would heal itself after a couple of reboots or something, but it's still gone. Guess I'll have to delete and resync like you did.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    No problem with album art here at all.

I'll take lost art over lost battery though. Anyone want to trade?
    does anyone know how to play mp4 locked files on the Pre? These are bought songs from itunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kqnjml View Post
    does anyone know how to play mp4 locked files on the Pre? These are bought songs from itunes.
    Convert them to mp3
    What software to you use? There're a few on the internet. Thx
    I have only used the Itunes a few times but it works about as easy as using the click and drag method. Not really an issue at all if they block the pre again.
    HAHAHAHAHA

Palm gives apple the finger! I love it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast