Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    dont know if this was mentioned, but now in card view it shows webpages loading instead of just the white screen. before if i load a webpage and instantly switch to card view, it would just show a white screen and i wouldnt know if it was done loading or not.
    When setting a bookmark for a web page, you could click on the thumbnail and change it to something on the page by pinching and whatnot. Now you can do the same, but in the view, the little box with the rounded corners has dark corner chunks that weren't there before.

They also took away the ability to edit an addresses specific fields. You used to be able to go into edit mode for a contact and click the (i) next to the address and enter the address, city, state, and zip fields. Now you can just enter the address in the box and hope it parses them properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TPuglisi9451 View Post
    I haven't seen anyone else saying that the 1.1 update made any bluetooth improvements, but I have a set of stereo bluetooth speakers made by Saitek that I wasn't able to pair to my Pre with 1.0.4. Since I updated to 1.1, I've been able to pair the two without any issues at all.

Anyone else notice anything like this?
    Not sure if the BT settings have changed or not. My Sony Erickson HBH-DS980 still plays choppy while listening to mp3's or watching videos. Its perfect when talking on the phone though... hope this gets fixed
    I noticed that now after the update, when I add a page to the launcher, and when you click on the link, the text is already highlighted, you dont have to run your finger over it to highlight it, which is great!
    Sorry if it has been brought up but now when you're in landscape mode in the browser and tap a link that causes a new card to open, the new card will auto switch to landscape instead of you having to tilt the phone up and then to the side again.
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    I haven' seen this anywhere in this thread, but I could be wrong and just have missed it. Now if you have multiple cards open, and tap a notification for say an email, it doesn't rearrange your card order and move the email card to the far right. They all stay in whatever order you set them in. Nice, as I like to keep things arranged so that when I swipe back and forth between cards using the gesture, I know what will be coming.... Good job there Palm!
    Still occurring for me. Was in the web browser and pressed the notification for an incoming SMS and the messenger app (already running of course) was moved to the far right.
    Email full screen with Pandora running, pressed the Pandora notification and Pandora was moved to the far right.
    If you're in card view and press the notification then the cards don't rearrange, but they will if you're not in card view. Bummer.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Here's one I discovered today that I haven't seen posted anywhere:

When setting appointments in Google's calendar, before 1.1 I could set "pop-up reminders" (that's what Google calendar calls the reminders that alert on the Pre device) for something that wasn't included in the Pre's preset list, but the Pre's would ignore all non-standard time reminders. For example, if I had an alarm set to beep 2 or 3 minutes before an appointment, it wouldn't work.

Now it does!!

I've tested by creating an event in my Google Calendar that was from 9:11am to 9:16am with a 2 minute pop-up reminder, and sure enough, not only was the event properly populated in my Pre calendar, the Pre alerted me at 9:09am, just like it was supposed to!!

So the 1.1 update now means that non-standard alert times are recognized by the Pre. What I haven't tested is something like a 5 day alert. (I used to have that set in my Treo for my anniversary so I had time to buy an anniversary present.)

UPDATE: I just tested creating an event 4 days in the future (though it was a timed event, not an all day event) and setting a 4 day alert. That worked too!!
    Last edited by larnapp; 07/25/2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: More info.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PghPatti View Post
    I keep reading about the animation menus - I don't understand or see any difference in any menu I have brought down. Can someone tell me an example of a menu that I can bring up to see what you are talking about? Thanks!
    the differnece is that....the menu streams out now and the screen dimes first....you will notice this more in the context menus...go to email or contacts preference and click context menu there.
    Quote Originally Posted by PghPatti View Post
    I keep reading about the animation menus - I don't understand or see any difference in any menu I have brought down. Can someone tell me an example of a menu that I can bring up to see what you are talking about? Thanks!
    A good place to see this is in Pandora, while listening to a song. Press the up arrow between the Thumbs down/Thumbs up. The menu will expand animated from the lower right side of the screen. Kinda strange they have it expanding from the right instead of where the arrow is, but oh well.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I have noticed my Pre now does everything I want except ...

I am now officially "hooked". I have had my Pre since it came out. I waited for EAS to be enhanced before I gave my final judgment. There may be many things we want the Pre to have, I am on of those. But this Smart-phone now Rocks with the best of them, it can only get better from here. Palm 1.1 and beyond, thank you for your 180 degree turn around. I am betting against Kramer on Palm now!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I didn't feel like reading all 39 pages, but this one was big for me.
    Prior to 1.1, the notification in the lock-out screen would always be large when the phone was unlocked...having to swipe away or click home to see the 5 buttons on the bottom of the screen. (ANNOYING)
    Now, the notification is large in the lock-out screen, but upon unlock the notification turns into a mini note in the bottom right corner of the home screen.

Thanks Palm!!

Side note: I really badly want voice dial features. Every phone I've had prior to the pre has had it...and they don't even compare to the pre. When I am driving, I don't want to reach for the phone, take it off the holder (with two hands), then find my contact and call...I wish I could just push the little button and say "Call _____" or "dial ####"...SO much safer.

Other than that...more apps, camera macro focus, more functional copy/paste...and there's probably more that I can't think of now...but the great thing, is that Palm is actually doing things about these "open issues"...and we're actually seeing updates.

I really am enjoying my pre!!
    I just noticed that when you type things like r and u it automatically turns to are and you after you hit the space bar. I really wish there was a real spelling auto correct feature, but this is cool nonetheless.
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I'm noticing that while I'm browsing, the browser is saving the position and zoom level I was last on for a page. It does this until I close the browser. I like it.
    one great thing i notice this morning was the ALARM!!!

on ver 1.0.4 when the alarm went off and you would hit the snooze button on screen the alarm would go off again in 5 minutes ! this sucked when i wanted 10 or 30 minutes extra to sleep i would have to hit that thing multiple times because i'm a lazy ******* !

now on ver 1.1.0 the snooze button last 10 minutes!!! ****** yeah!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Browser stability improved. Sites that wouldn't render proerly or not at all now work. Like The Detroit News | detnews.com | Thursday, July 23, 2009 | News, sports, features, blogs, photos and forums from Detroit and Michigan.
    Finally!!! I'm much happier now. I am also tending to get better signal in the house. I don't know if it's just the time or if it'll last but the signal meter is more stable. I wonder if it just made the meter less reactive. We'll see when I have to make a few calls during the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmahan View Post
    Hi,

Since upgrading to webOS 1.1, I am having trouble connecting to my wireless router. I keep getting a 'Association Failed' message when trying to connect. This never happened before... Anybody else seeing this behavior?

Thanks.
    No but I did have to delete an email account and reset it up. It indicated my password wasn't matching. I reentered my password several times and just had to delete and reinstall the account. Works now.
    Quote Originally Posted by treblig82 View Post
    one great thing i notice this morning was the ALARM!!!

on ver 1.0.4 when the alarm went off and you would hit the snooze button on screen the alarm would go off again in 5 minutes ! this sucked when i wanted 10 or 30 minutes extra to sleep i would have to hit that thing multiple times because i'm a lazy ******* !

now on ver 1.1.0 the snooze button last 10 minutes!!! ****** yeah!!!
    yeah, noticed that and was totally confused. I thought I somehow hit it again in my sleep, which would be damn impressive since I have to actually unlock my phone to do it. This sucks actually... it'd make more sense to have it USER CUSTOMIZABLE. C'mon palm.. get cracking, there's a ton of stuff that should be up to the end user that would make the phone 10x better even w/o the apps.

I have noticed the phone to be laggier now, especially pulling up the unlock screen. Scrolling through the pages on the launch screen w/ apps running is noticeably laggier too at first.

I'm wondering if I should do a full wipe of the phone. I really would like not to have to do this, no way to sync bookmarks yet I don't believe.

Oh, I'm not a sports guy.. so sprint/palm.. give me another page of the launcher so I can move all the crap I won't ever use... or let me hide it if you won't let me delete it.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I noticed the other day that my voicemail from vonage, which is sent to my exchange email as a .wav file, just played from email instead of launching the audio player.
    Quote Originally Posted by j0sh097 View Post
    Sorry might be the wrong place to ask this but how do you 'minimize' a card? I'm thinking minimize as in when you minimize a program/window on windows or do you mean simply clicking the center button?
    Yes, that's what they're talking about when hey say "minimize a card". Once it's minimized, the same as clicking the center button, you can make it smaller by clicking on the wall paper outside of the card. You can also rearrainge the order.
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    I'm wondering if I should do a full wipe of the phone. I really would like not to have to do this, no way to sync bookmarks yet I don't believe.
    If you've rooted the phone, I believe you can backup the bookmarks by copying this file:

/var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.app.browser_0/0000000000000004.db.

Please don't do this without reading up some. I'm not sure exactly what your results would be. We discussed this in more detail here
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast