Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    This one's huge email fix for me - i can actually view items in my 'sent mail' for gmail and yahoo now!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    One of the things that really pissed me off... Palm definitely did some good things with the browser. A couple of days ago, I had to use my girlfriend's Iphone to check my account... that sucked!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    If this is true, I will be happy!! We can play our voicemails from Google Voice!

Edit: No go on the voicemails from Google Voice....I just tried it to no avail. Still says its an invalid file type.
    However, it did work for Vonage voice mails for me

Update: just did an update for WHERE, and I have all the icons. The radius filter for the restaurant searches is a VAST improvement!
    Last edited by DryBear; 07/23/2009 at 09:44 PM.
    check the sprint icon! in categories yahoo messenger and msn messenger!
    Cursor movement in text areas using orange key + screen swipe is now more precise & less finicky (i.e. more forgiving). Seems that one short swipe moves cursor one character. Nice. Same is true of text selection using shift key + screen swipe.

Very pleased with noticeable improvement in scrolling (smoother) in browser & contacts.
    Here are the changes I've found since the update:

Homebrew application Changes:
    Checkbook app: Update removed all data from the app.
    All other homebrew apps appear fully functional.

Modifications to stock apps:
    -Photos app: Modification to enable slideshow in Photo application has been removed
    -Screen & Lock app: Modification to increase time interval before screen is turned off has been removed.
    -Launcher: Additional launcher pages are still intact, but the option to add/delete pages has been removed.
    -Email: Modification to enable auto-rotate in the email application has been removed.
    -Carrier name: Modification to change carrier name from "Sprint" has been removed.

Stock app enhancements:
    -PDF View and Doc View load documents much faster

It looks like most of the negative effects of the update impact modifications that were made to stock apps. Other than that, the homebrew apps and tethering are intact and functional. Overall great update!
    it's not that big of a deal but has anyone noticed the loading bar on the update application is blue now? I'm almost positive they were gray before and I could barely see it.
    Vis
    The ding is gone when you're on a headset and put it on the touchstone!

It used to make the charging ding even when I was using a headset.
    Last edited by Mannyman; 07/24/2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: updated
    In sprint nav. The distance til turn font is now the pre font and much easier to read IMHO. Also, the checkerboard refresh in the browser is practically nonexistant now. Much faster.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    MORE ABOUT THE NOTIFICATION NOISE CHANGE:

This is a HUGE improvement in my opinion. Previous to 1.1 is was a major pet peeve of mine.

Scenario: You're on a phone call and you get a text message.

webOS 1.0.4: "Duh-Ding" was played through the external speaker and is very loud! Loud enough that the person you are talking to could blatantly hear that you got a text. Not to mention your ear is now bleeding.

webOS 1.1: "Duh-Ding" now plays through the earpiece and is quieter (I did a test with a friend tonight and we both agree it comes from the earpiece) The person on the other end of the line can no longer hear the notification.

Well played Palm....well played.
    Don't know if this has been posted already but I'll post anyway.

When the phone is on the touchstone in locked mode and you receive an email but don't check it right away and instead check it on your computer. The notification will disappear on the Pre. This did not happen prior to the update. I for one am stoked about this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Waerloga View Post
    I have no idea either, I did skin it about 3 days ago...but it worked fine until the reset...guess I will soft reset again

try this...go into devise info >then at the bottom go to more info > then at the top hit the preferences menu and then go to interactive tests > then hit the "screen" test....its will do a test of the proximity sensor durring this test

see if that doesnt work?
    Last edited by punk_n_drublic04; 07/23/2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Wow i REALLY cant spell lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdc5 View Post
    my pre is stuck at the checking for updates screen any advice?
    WiFi is faster....exit out and re try with wifi if you can.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted already but I'll post anyway.

When the phone is on the touchstone in locked mode and you receive an email but don't check it right away and instead check it on your computer. The notification will disappear on the Pre. This did not happen prior to the update. I for one am stoked about this!
    Yeah, I noted that earlier (buried on page 5-8 I think).

But, one thing to note, it doesn't have to be on the touchstone. If its just laying around and you answer the e-mail on your PC, the notification goes away.
    email "check mail" settings work for me now, before it would check every 30 minutes regardless of the setting, now it works like it's supposed to
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I have noticed WAY better battery life. My all time record was 3 hrs on one battery. Since the update I am now at 4 hrs and still have 58% left! That means I should be able to get through an 8 hr day now without having to carry 4 batteries with me (I have 5 actually!). I am stoked! The Pre is finally starting to have a polished feel about it!
    After the update palm pre works with exchange 2010 seamlessly. I am so glad they updated their software.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Seems like email forwarding and replying leaves the formatting intact.... Which is huge! So good for corporate users.
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    What animation..am i missing something?
    In the upper right hand corner, where it has all of the info like Signal strength, Wifi signal, and Battery, tap it (assuming you've updated already). It should have an animation where it slides down from the top.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast