Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I was scrolling through an email today and placed two fingers on the screen to slide it up for the keyboard. The screen stopped responding to any touch at all after that. I had to click the button to minimize the email app and restart it. I also have had several times when browsing that the screen stopped responding.

I don't know if these are old issues, but prior to 1.1 they were extremely rare, now I experience them at least a few times a day.
    Not sure if this has already been noted, or even if it is new to 1.1, but last night I realized that if I type something into universal search that has a period, a new button appears that opens the browser to that address. IE, typing "precentral.net" adds a button to directly access the web site. Very convenient!
    Quote Originally Posted by rgisraelsen View Post
    I can't listen to voicemail WAV files on my Pre either... You sure your voicemails are coming through as WAV files?
    I'm sure that that's what Gmail is receiving them as, and that's what the Pre mail client shows them as. I open up the e-mail and below the subject it's got the file as an attachment. Click on the file (which should have a music icon) and it starts to download. Then click on the arrow to the right of the file, and it plays.

At least, that's how it's working for me.

I'm looking for any extra settings I may have enabled to get it to work, but I don't see any so far...
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I've noticed that my mail downloads whenever i answer a call (nice notification sound right in my ear) since the update. I have it set to download manually but yet I stick it on the touchtone and it downloads the mail...I answer a call it downloads mail. I've tried setting it to every six hours but that seemed to make things worse and it downloads whenever it wants...anyone else?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Since the update...the signal has been better.

I used to get one or two bars at home and it would jump around alot. But now its consistent at around 3 bars. I'm happy.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corq View Post
    Yikes - post-update, sending an email with photo attached from the album, never sends.

Then when I try to "save as draft" the app freezes utterly. Gonna reboot again see if that brings different behavior.

Can anyone else try this and confirm this occurs with a gmail account? Haven't tried with exchange account yet.
    I can reproduce this with GMail account with webOS 1.1. I was trying to send a photo to TwitPic, and clicking the send icon does nothing. Saving as draft causes the e-mail application to freeze as you reported. The same behavior occurs with any photo and any e-mail account I try.
    Quote Originally Posted by edoan View Post
    I can reproduce this with GMail account with webOS 1.1. I was trying to send a photo to TwitPic, and clicking the send icon does nothing. Saving as draft causes the e-mail application to freeze as you reported. The same behavior occurs with any photo and any e-mail account I try.
    I sent a photo using gmail -- it took a long time to go.
    Laissez Faire
    Where is the auto-correct dictionary? I haven't seen/read/heard about that.
    i dont no if this has been already posted but when im in any card full screen and i swipe from the bottom of the phone to the center my card will minimize, as if i was to press the center button
    Not sure if this was found yet, but in my email inbox, if I hold one finger on a message, keep it pressed and then slide my other finger in the same message downward, the email will expand showing more of the email the more I slide downward!!
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I love this phone
    Quote Originally Posted by AJD00M View Post
    I love this phone
    I think this was a feature in the original firmware.
    I've heard some ppl saying that pushing the center button wakes up the screen, this does not happen for me. Also another annoying thing is when I'm scrolling through a web page I'll swipe it in the direction I want to go. It will act like it is gunna scroll then bounce back to where it started very annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    I've heard some ppl saying that pushing the center button wakes up the screen, this does not happen for me. Also another annoying thing is when I'm scrolling through a web page I'll swipe it in the direction I want to go. It will act like it is gunna scroll then bounce back to where it started very annoying
    I think the center wakes up the screen only when the keyboard is open. At least, seems to for me. I believe this was new w/ 1.1 because the power button is a pain to hit when the keyboard is open.
    I have to agree with you and it is quite annoying. I love the capability of being able to change my sms and notification sounds but good grief. If I am on a call and I get a message the music starts playing full blast in my ear and the ear of my caller as well. Just happened earlier, I was talking to my mom and got a message and the music started blaring. I couldn't hear her and all she heard was music. She asked, "What is that music playing in my ear?" Surely hope they get that fixed soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch11 View Post
    I've noticed that my mail downloads whenever i answer a call (nice notification sound right in my ear) since the update. I have it set to download manually but yet I stick it on the touchtone and it downloads the mail...I answer a call it downloads mail. I've tried setting it to every six hours but that seemed to make things worse and it downloads whenever it wants...anyone else?
    I don't know but I need to know myself as well as if it can be turned off. If I wanted all my words spelled out I would have spelled them out the first time!

Quote Originally Posted by sueod628 View Post
    Where is the auto-correct dictionary? I haven't seen/read/heard about that.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meshay30 View Post
    I have to agree with you and it is quite annoying. I love the capability of being able to change my sms and notification sounds but good grief. If I am on a call and I get a message the music starts playing full blast in my ear and the ear of my caller as well. Just happened earlier, I was talking to my mom and got a message and the music started blaring. I couldn't hear her and all she heard was music. She asked, "What is that music playing in my ear?" Surely hope they get that fixed soon!
    This is corrected in version 1.2 and has been confirmed by many including myself. Hope this helps and give you hope...not much longer.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910