Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I am sure a certain percentage of these exchanges are actually non issues and they're issuing those phones right back so the true financial loss my not be that bad. Face it, there are people in here who aren't very tech savy and would return it without putting any thought into the matter. And for the record, the Pre is $200, not $300. Also Radio Shack and Best Buy both give instant rebates.

I think Palm will succeed with this phone. All they need to do is keep releasing the updates in a timely fashion and address the core issues effecting usability. IMO, from a corporate user's standpoint, it competes with the Iphone quite well, even surpassing in it some areas. As an entertainment device, it needs a little work, but the most important fact to remember is it does have the necessary hardware to compete in that area. C'mon Palm, get to steppin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Thanks to vocal minority of whiners on a forum palm is getting bad PRPRPR.
    How is that our problem. Do you own stock in Palm.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    I don't need scientific data. It's obvious. Even if the failure rate was 10%, which I'd be willing to bet it's somewhere between 25-33%, it's still pathetic. I've been a member of the blackberry forums for over 4 years and I've never seen anything even remotely close to this.

Bottom line: The QC is terrible and Palm needs to acknowledge it and assure their loyal customers that they are going to stand behind their product to insure mass confidence.

Again, I site the XBox 360 incident in which I think Microsoft handled very well.
    Is the Palm Pre Suffering From High Return Rates? - PC World

The main issue is the assertion that anecdotal information accurately describes whatever is going on in this case. Yet there's no publicly released data on the actual return rate for the Pre the percentage of the total sold that have been returned, including being returned more than once. There also doesn't seem to be any comparative data, both for Palm's other smartphone products, and for rivals like the iPhone or the BlackBerry Storm.

But one can compare anecdotal stories about these products, like this one a year ago from ABC News, which reported Apple's terse "no comment" to iPhone user complaints "about widely reported dropped calls, slowness in accessing the Web and lack of access to AT&T's 3G network," a litany of complaints that recently had risen to a "fever pitch."

RIM's BlackBerry Storm fared somewhat better, according to the Wall Street Journal, which described only a "bit of a bumpy start," though one user wanted to "throw it in the ocean due to my frustration with its overall usability."

Palm provided Network World the same formal statement it has provided everyone else: "We think the Palm Pre is the best product we've ever shipped. While we haven't seen anything out of the ordinary we will continue to closely monitor both Palm and Sprint customer service channels."
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I am sure a certain percentage of these exchanges are actually non issues and they're issuing those phones right back so the true financial loss my not be that bad. Face it, there are people in here who aren't very tech savy and would return it without putting any thought into the matter. And for the record, the Pre is $200, not $300. Also Radio Shack and Best Buy both give instant rebates.
    I just helped out a guy today who posted that his Pre had died and was worried it had one of the problems other people here discuss. It was simply a battery drain due to loss of Sprint service.

I've read a myriad of critiques on Amazon's site that show people with obviously little to no understanding of the technology they purchased. Some of it is really funny stuff, but it does hurt the manufacturer when those people post lousy reviews due to their own lack of understanding.

Which isn't to say, AGAIN, lest someone jump on me, AGAIN, that there aren't any real hardware problems. K?
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega33 View Post
    Not to go off topic, but they still haven't gotten rid of the RRoD either. I just had mine die a month ago and it was only about 6 months old, that bastards.
    Boxes based on the Falcon chip (and lowered power requirement) are suppost to be less vulnerable to the problem.

Unless you had an E74 which is a new problem.

None the less, Microsoft change their warranty period in the consumers favor
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    I've read a myriad of critiques on Amazon's site that show people with obviously little to no understanding of the technology they purchased. Some of it is really funny stuff, but it does hurt the manufacturer when those people post lousy reviews due to their own lack of understanding.
    So, Sprint/Palm have no culpability in educating the public on their device? It is completely the consumers problem because not enough information was released?
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    SharonW, I understand that frustration quite well. Unfortunately for the little time I've been here, it seems this forum isn't moderated at all (or if it is, it's not obvious)and anybody is allowed to post anything, right or wrong. There are quite a few threads on here that should be either merged, moved to a 'NEWB' section or outright deleted. The phone isn't perfect, I get it, but it's no where near as bad as one is lead to believe from the posts in this forum.
  8. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    SharonW, I understand that frustration quite well. Unfortunately for the little time I've been here, it seems this forum isn't moderated at all (or if it is, it's not obvious)and anybody is allowed to post anything, right or wrong. There are quite a few threads on here that should be either merged, moved to a 'NEWB' section or outright deleted. The phone isn't perfect, I get it, but it's no where near as bad as one is lead to believe from the posts in this forum.
    darreno, welcome to the internet, where people can and will write things that aren't always true!
    I don't need scientific data. It's obvious. Even if the failure rate was 10%, which I'd be willing to bet it's somewhere between 25-33%, it's still pathetic. I've been a member of the blackberry forums for over 4 years and I've never seen anything even remotely close to this.

Bottom line: The QC is terrible and Palm needs to acknowledge it and assure their loyal customers that they are going to stand behind their product to insure mass confidence.

Again, I site the XBox 360 incident in which I think Microsoft handled very well.

Are you serious!.. i also own a blackberry storm.. and i promise you they have/had similar return rates.. Verizon has the true numbers on lock... but they count every exchange as a "sold" to help pad numbers.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/ri...issues-271493/

and the guy who started this thread is someone who knows his stuff....

please guys.. know the facts... facts are RIMS Blackberry Storm was a freaking mess.. and a hardware nightmare with it's trouble bubble screen that have a HUGE gap around it. collects dust.. takes sometimes up to 15 seconds to come out of lock.. the whole screen wiggles and LOTS of people have dust UNDER the screen, EVERY SINGE storm has major light bleed at the buttons at the bottom.. and there is more i just can't remember or have just stricken from my memory.

Bumpy Start for Blackberry Storm

But RIM is so large and has about 40 other phones that sell 2 for 1... what do they care?
    Last edited by antonio3; 07/23/2009 at 11:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    So, Sprint/Palm have no culpability in educating the public on their device? It is completely the consumers problem because not enough information was released?
    Oh Jeebus, Clack! Read the freakin' manual. And Sprint and Palm went out of their way to train their clerks on giving new customers the basics. You want them to hold your hand every single day? Guess what? They will. There's a freakin' Palm rep at the Sprint store still. Go yank his chain and quit humping my leg.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    They're moving and moderating their little hearts out. Believe me. It's just too many people for the mods right now. And they're well...incredibly democratic, and tolerant, too.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Are you serious!.. i also own a blackberry storm.. and i promise you they have/had similar return rates.. Verizon has the true numbers on lock... but they count every exchange as a "sold" to help pad numbers.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/ri...issues-271493/

and the guy who started this thread is someone who knows his stuff....

please guys.. know the facts... facts are RIMS Blackberry Storm was a freaking mess.. and a hardware nightmare with it's trouble bubble screen that have a HUGE gap around it. collects dust.. takes sometimes up to 15 seconds to come out of lock.. the whole screen wiggles and LOTS of people have dust UNDER the screen, EVERY SINGE storm has major light bleed at the buttons at the bottom.. and there is more i just can't remember or have just stricken from my memory.

Bumpy Start for Blackberry Storm

But RIM is so large and has about 40 other phones that sell 2 for 1... what do they care?
    Antonio, darlin', I'm the GUY who started this thread. I'm SHARON.

But thanks for the kind words and remarkably astute observation.
    Antonio, darlin', I'm the GUY who started this thread. I'm SHARON.

But thanks for the kind words and remarkably astute observation.
    OK, luv your posts, but the "humpin my leg" thing sounded very "guyish"...
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Oh Jeebus, Clack! Read the freakin' manual. And Sprint and Palm went out of their way to train their clerks on giving new customers the basics. You want them to hold your hand every single day? Guess what? They will. There's a freakin' Palm rep at the Sprint store still. Go yank his chain and quit humping my leg.
    You missed my point. If customers are misunderstanding the device, it is in Sprint/Palm's interest to change their marketing strategy. But, customer satisfaction isn't job 1 in the cell industry.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    OK, luv your posts, but the "humpin my leg" thing sounded very "guyish"...
    LOL! Hey, I'm not the one doing the humpin'! And what? It's not lady-like to shake your leg to get rid of the little beast?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    You missed my point. If customers are misunderstanding the device, it is in Sprint/Palm's interest to change their marketing strategy. But, customer satisfaction isn't job 1 in the cell industry.

So Palm and Sprint should become therapists now? Maybe Dr. Phil could help you open up in communicating with your uh...communication device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    What a crock. Thanks to vocal minority of whiners on a forum palm is getting bad PRPRPR.

Good job, cry babies.
    +1

Also, if I remember correctly, the Palm contracted the manufacturing of the Pre to a subsidiary of Foxconn - the same conglomerate that Apple contracts to build their iPhones and iPods.
    Last edited by hrminer92; 07/24/2009 at 03:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Does this guy remind you of anyone?

"I don't need scientifically gathered and verified information to make a judgement!"
    You're joking right? I think the numbers on multiple forums speak for themselves. Plenty of us have had bad experiences.

I'm starting to think that Palm fanboys are just as bad as Apple fanboys. Afraid to accept reality.
    This thread is cracking me up. Sooooo many people in denial.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    This thread is cracking me up. Sooooo many people in denial.
    Uh huh. You joined this site two days ago (and I say that only because it's 5 a.m.) and in one of your posts said you're on day two of your Pre making your purchase date 7/20, and yet you've already, by your own posts, exchanged it twice and are now going for a third time? Yeah. Right. Troll. Short much?

07/22/2009, 12:32 AM
    Replies: 5
    "Skin" help reduce oil?
    Views: 128
    Posted By SkinFlaps
    "Skin" help reduce oil?

On day 2 of owning my Pre and this thing is an oil magnet. I have phantom Skinz on the way and was wondering if people that have installed similar skins have noticed any reduction in oil streaks on...
    07/23/2009, 06:43 PM
    Replies: 78
    Well Jim Cramer Just Trashed the Pre Citing This Forum's Poll
    Views: 1,506
    Posted By SkinFlaps
    oh well. The Pre is an awesome device but the QC...

oh well. The Pre is an awesome device but the QC is laughable. I have never had to exchange a cell phone, or hardly any electronics for that matter and I'm going to be going in for my 3rd exchange of...
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast