Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 134
  1. #21  
    What a crock. Thanks to vocal minority of whiners on a forum palm is getting bad PRPRPR.

    Good job, cry babies.
  2. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
       #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    ok, repeats tonight. Bounty to the first person who can get me the video clip -- free Seidio 1350 battery -- unless the video is already up on cnbc, in which case I'll give ya a 20% coupon to the store.

    dieter@precentral.net

    Seriously.
    He compared the Pre to an artificial Apple with props even. He took a bite out of a real apple and then tried to take a bite of the fake one. I mean, the guy savaged it.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    That is really... really... sad.

    A people follow guys like Cramer?

    I keep telling people, do your own research....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  4. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
       #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega33 View Post
    I agree 100%. I love the WebOS but the build quailty is all over the place. I've had to replace a few myself, which doesn't really bother me but i can't understand people that do get mad.

    They should get bad press for it and i have a feeling they are going to catch even more bad press in the near future. What does bother me is they will get theirs, while some other companies that put out a higher end phone with many QC problems will probably get a free pass or light grilling. Which is BS if you ask me
    Jeebus! I don't think you can get any worse press than what Cramer did to it today.
  5. #25  
    Who the h is Jim Cramer?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    What a crock. Thanks to vocal minority of whiners on a forum palm is getting bad PRPRPR.

    Good job, cry babies.
    +1

    The Iphone Fanboy propaganda campaign is working quite well.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  7. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
       #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    the amount of time its taken for the SDK to be released, and apps to be available, on a decent appstore, is a killer.
    the amount of problems - like alerts not popping up on calendar events, or the touchstone causing the PRE to charge up to 100%, stop, start again at 99%, over and over.
    These are easily found bugs, that didnt get caught in pre production.
    The consumer (because of the huge palm hype of iphone vs palm) expected the device to not be a 1.0 device, but instead, on par with iPhone.
    What they got was a 1.0 device, a good one, but that doesn't matter, because the comparison with iphone was made by the manufacturer, and so when they didnt live up to it due to the bugs, and no appstore, etc) the problems were evident.

    Put a decent appstore together and this thing turns around. Get the bugs fixed, and this thing turns around. Stop comparing PRE to iPhone in the commercials and this thing turns around. I dont see RIM commercials trying to knock iPhone, i just dont think it was the smartest play for PALM with a 1.0 device.

    I like Palm,. our family owns one, so no haters here, i just think the whole comparison marketing was a bad choice.
    Which commercial compares it to an iPhone? I think I've seen them all and none do that. The press/media/analysts always makes the comparisons, but not the commercials.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    What a crock. Thanks to vocal minority of whiners on a forum palm is getting bad PRPRPR.

    Good job, cry babies.
    Cramer would have blasted palm anyway... as stated above, he had several other reasons for destroying the company...

    He gave out questionable numbers though... but glossed over exactly where they came from... shame on him....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  9. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #29  
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  10. Omega33's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    Jeebus! I don't think you can get any worse press than what Cramer did to it today.
    Does it re-air anytime today. Just curious on how it actually said it.

    Yeah you are probably right. Is this worse than if cnbc or even fox or cnn ran a story about it as a main news story? I actually have no idea but my guess is him saying could hurt palm as far as investors but a mainstream news story may not have hurt as much on a buy or sell on their stocks but would hurt their actual Pre sales.

    You tell me. I have no idea myself
  11. #31  
    Send him an e-mail and opine you'll get your name mentioned to 200+ million listeners and get a free autographed book.
    "Well, I don't favor talkin' to vermin, but I'll talk to you just this once." --John Wayne
  12. Omega33's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #32  
    Scratch the ?Does it air again" question, thanks for the link Goyena
  13. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #33  
    @Omega33: Hoo hoo. I posted the link to the CNBC video a few posts up.

    @Dieter: What do I win?

    I agree with the other poster saying that the real video we should post are these.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  14. Omega33's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    @Omega33: Hoo hoo. I posted the link to the CNBC video a few posts up.

    @Dieter: What do I win?

    I agree with the other poster saying that the real video we should post are these.
    Thank you

    but i forgot how much i hate his theatrics lol
  15. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
       #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega33 View Post
    Does it re-air anytime today. Just curious on how it actually said it.

    Yeah you are probably right. Is this worse than if cnbc or even fox or cnn ran a story about it as a main news story? I actually have no idea but my guess is him saying could hurt palm as far as investors but a mainstream news story may not have hurt as much on a buy or sell on their stocks but would hurt their actual Pre sales.

    You tell me. I have no idea myself
    The story on the analyst was released on Monday here:

    Palm Pre: Sales Great, Share Price Inflated (A Bit) | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD

    All Things Digital is a division of the Wall Street Journal.

    Now have a look at what happened to Palm's stock when the story came out. Click the five-day link on the chart to see Monday's drop. The stock was sky-rocketing up along with the rest of the market Monday until that story came out. It dropped from the mid 15's to high 14's (you can't see the intraday trading in those minutes) upon release and has been trending down ever since.

    Palm, Inc. - Google Finance
  16. #36  
    This is why Palm should have gotten in front of these issues -- real or perceived -- and dealt with them in public. Palm would have had the upper hand and been able to set the right "mood" surrounding these issues. Now, they do not have much choice but to perform damage control and look like they were hiding something.
  17. #37  
    Honestly, PALM shares have been overpriced for some time now. It's not that Palm isn't a great company, but there need to be numbers to back it all up, and right now Palm's not really giving us numbers...
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  18. ndz
    ndz is offline
    ndz's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    #38  
    Kramer must be shorting the stock.
  19. Omega33's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    The story on the analyst was released on Monday here:

    Palm Pre: Sales Great, Share Price Inflated (A Bit) | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD

    All Things Digital is a division of the Wall Street Journal.

    Now have a look at what happened to Palm's stock when the story came out. Click the five-day link on the chart to see Monday's drop. The stock was sky-rocketing up along with the rest of the market Monday until that story came out. It dropped from the mid 15's to high 14's (you can't see the intraday trading in those minutes) upon release and has been trending down ever since.

    Palm, Inc. - Google Finance
    I never even thought of looking at the stock since the story ran monday. You are correct indeed. Palm could very well have a bad day tomorrow on their stock prices.
  20. #40  
    It will certainly have an effect on the stock, but it's artificially high right now anyway due to hype for this device. I believe palm will have to continue to persevere with putting out new devices and releasing the pre to new markets and service providers before it truly warrants a stock value as high as it is right now. Regardless it's going to take more than Jim Cramer to hurt the longevity of palm if they can get their act together regarding build quality issues, which they will as their manufacturing process for this device matures.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions