Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    OK, I am either very stupid, or this is a problem..
    If I am on a call and a new call comes in, how do I drop the current call and connect to the new call? I only see accept or reject as options for the incomming call. If I reject, it goes to Vmail. If I accept, it puts the 1st call on hold and connects to the new call. At this point, I can choose end all calls or conference call.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Nick
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    why not just put the first on hold?
    i also cannot figure that out
    Seems like the question is, how to end the first call, since it apparently automatically puts the first call on hold. This is related to another question: when will they add the ability to drop just one call from a conference call, or when there are two calls in process and one's on hold?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    How 'bout just hanging up on the current call? Then I think the new incoming call will ring (if you haven't waited too long
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    This is a CDMA issue. It's normal for Sprint (or Verizon). Once you accept a call, the other one shows that it's on hold - even if the other person hangs up. All Sprint phones will do that. I only recently realized that GSM phones did not. Perfectly normal. Unfortunately it's a limitation with the CDMA network - just like the inability to use voice and data at the same time (if not connected to Wifi)
    I posted this before, and it was explained to me that this is a Sprint/CDMA issue. Not a missing feature of the Pre. I was told that the call will be dropped when the other party hangs up. But my issue is that when I am on the line getting my voicemail and answer another call, I am now on a call with the other party AND my voicemail without a way to hang up with my voicemail. Bugs the heck out of me.

EDIT: oops, Phenom posted theirs while I was writing mine!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndawes View Post
    OK, I am either very stupid, or this is a problem..
    If I am on a call and a new call comes in, how do I drop the current call and connect to the new call? I only see accept or reject as options for the incomming call. If I reject, it goes to Vmail. If I accept, it puts the 1st call on hold and connects to the new call. At this point, I can choose end all calls or conference call.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Nick
    You can't end one of the two calls. The Pre User Guide says this on page 94:

3. When you’re done, do one of the following:...
    Ask one of the callers to hang up, so you can stay connected to the other caller.

You can't make stuff like that up.

We have found 300 other Tips and Tricks. Most are not documented.

- Craig
    I had that issue also...I actually just ended up hanging up my phone completely because I was too nervous about the 1st call being on the line with the 2nd caller. then I called the 2nd called back.