Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Firstly, just bought the Pre here in NYC and I must say I really like it. There are a few quirks as with all new devices but I am very happy.

That being said, this is the first Palm I have owned and for the life of me cannot figure out how to turn off the beeps you hear ( out loud) when you dial the phone!

If someone can please point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    The only way is to place the phone in silent mode with the switch next to the power button.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    so the loud beep when you depress the keypad while dialing cannot be muted without muting the entire phone?
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    there is another way and that is to go to sounds and ringtones make sure the system sounds selection is on, then slide the volume right below system sounds to the left a little. All the way left is no sound and all the way right is full sound.
    Leonard Araiza

Do today what others won't so you can have tomorrow what others don't!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    AHHHHHH! That makes sense. Thanks
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    your welcome and hope you enjoy your pre
    Leonard Araiza

Do today what others won't so you can have tomorrow what others don't!
    Another thing you could do is use the keyboard and it will automatically dial the number if you use only the ERT,DFG,XCV,or @ keys (the keys with numbers).

Using this method, you don't need to silence anything.
    If you root your Pre you turn off the dialpad DTMF sounds without having to mess with your other sound settings. See this page.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    If you root your Pre you turn off the dialpad DTMF sounds without having to mess with your other sound settings. See this page.
    You know, I love my pre, I wouldn't want any other phone, but I am getting sick of "root your pre" to fix basic things. I can wait patiently for updates, but I hope palm addresses the lack of some basic features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    You know, I love my pre, I wouldn't want any other phone, but I am getting sick of "root your pre" to fix basic things. I can wait patiently for updates, but I hope palm addresses the lack of some basic features.
    I hear you and agree but at least there is something you can do to fix it now if you wish. If you had some other phones it would be much harder to do even that.
    In addition, you can set more alerts using My Notifications from the Homebrew forum.

Also see the Tips and Tricks for hundreds of other tips.

- Craig