Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I didn't know which forum to post this in so I thought I would post it in this one. Will Sprint ever let Palm update the Pre to use WIFI with SprintTV? I think that would be a huge benefit to all of us. Anyway.... Thanks in advance for all your help.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Bump! Anyone????????????????
    I don't think very many of us are any good a looking into the future.

Do you mean you would like to be able to view SprintTV downloaded via WIFI (instead of the current EVDO) so that it will be clearer/less choppy?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I don't think very many of us are any good a looking into the future.

Do you mean you would like to be able to view SprintTV downloaded via WIFI (instead of the current EVDO) so that it will be clearer/less choppy?
    Yes. I was just wondering if that would be an option. That way if we don't have a good EVDO signal it would go straight to WIFI. Thanks for your reply.
    it makes sense! I think any data should be able to transition between the two.
    Agreed. I didn't know it did that. So, if you've got WiFi turned on and connected, will it disable that and bring EVDO back online if you bring up the TV app? What about when switching between apps? Seems like a lot of radio play...
    They would have to get permission from all the content providers for that, because the stations might be willing to have viewers watch their shows in an inferior format that is only suitable for doctors' lobbies and airports. Send it in wifi and it comes in very high quality, just as youtube does now. That might have people watching more on their phone than on the commercial network. Given the need to deal with these issues with all the channels, it is not something that is likely to come anytime soon.

As an aside, Sprint TV is really going downhill. When it started, they had Fox News, Comedy Central live, lots more live channels than they do now. They had more full episodes available a year ago than they do now. During football season, the NFL Network is a real nice channel to have; they better make sure to keep that, and work to add more live channels and full episodes.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    They would have to get permission from all the content providers for that, because the stations might be willing to have viewers watch their shows in an inferior format that is only suitable for doctors' lobbies and airports. Send it in wifi and it comes in very high quality, just as youtube does now. That might have people watching more on their phone than on the commercial network. Given the need to deal with these issues with all the channels, it is not something that is likely to come anytime soon.

As an aside, Sprint TV is really going downhill. When it started, they had Fox News, Comedy Central live, lots more live channels than they do now. They had more full episodes available a year ago than they do now. During football season, the NFL Network is a real nice channel to have; they better make sure to keep that, and work to add more live channels and full episodes.
    I agree. I love having ESPN during college football season. It will be nice when I'm at a game. To bad WIFI is that big of a deal. It would be an added bonus to use that.
    I wish they would bring back cartoon network!! My friend showed it to me on his phone about a year ago, I looked for it, but I guess we don't get it anymore! Shame.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Is there a way to get a package that includes all of the premium content instead of induvidual subscriptions.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Palm Pre (Sprint)